EVENT BALLS 29

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Michael A

Reaction score
I know I've seen this somewhere but is it true that you have to be certified through Tripoli to launch at BALLS? Would you launch not be permitted if you were certified through the NAR instead?

Steve Shannon

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
No, NAR members may fly at BALLS. Only Tripoli members, L2 and above, may participate in Research motors because NAR doesn’t authorize it in their Safety Code.

debk

Reaction score
Dear Balls Fliers

With Covid on the rise again, and the uncertainty this brings the, Balls organizers have decided to Cancel Balls 29 this year.

This was an exceedingly difficult decision for us to make but we all unanimously agree that we could not put on a Balls size launch and ensure the safety of all attending. It is our social responsibility to protect all those who attend, and we felt this would not be possible at this time or in the next few months.

We also had financial issues to consider, as deadlines to order and pay for things were rapidly approaching. Even with this being Nevada, we did not feel comfortable gambling with our finances on an event that may not happen.

By canceling now fliers should have ample time to cancel travel reservations and not lose vacation time.

For those of you who have registered, If you want a refund please contact Dave Rose (daverose@gmail.com) the Tripoli Gerlach treasurer. Alternatively, we can transfer your registration to next year’s Balls launch.

Balls 29 is rescheduled to September 24, 25, 26, 2021

I look forward to seeing everyone at Balls in 2021

Stay Safe and healthy

Tripoli Gerlach

RocketPro

Reaction score
A tough decision, I'm sure...between rain and COVID, ROC hasn't launched all year. Our BoD is just sick at having to make that decision each month so I know how you folks must be bummed.

MClark

Reaction score
Relating to BALLS cancellation this was posted on TRA Forum

"Along with that - the Hamsters will be kept in their cages for another year. The hamster's will get another year of rest before they get to break out again.
No Hamster Dance 2020."

Hamster Dance is held un the BALLS permits and waiver.

Latest posts