Bag o' Parts: Contest Idea

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we make it the other side of that weekend, that will give me another opportunity. We have a launch on the 15th of February (just in case the weather is terrible on the January launch date). I am hoping to not need that. I am building this with an F39 in mind so as long as I can find a field, I can launch on my own.

How are people doing on this? Just over a month to go!

My rocket is built - in paint phase now

So still need to fly and do build thread

Just a hint - my selected parts

box parts parts.jpg

Last edited:
Same situation (except I have a build thread). Mine is finished minus paint, it just has to fly.

Is there a prize for the winner of the contest?

Paint? We don't need no stinking paint on a pringles can rocket!

Mine is done and ready to fly. However, I had pneumonia and missed a launch that actually worked with my schedule. Now my daughter's activities are making just about every launch undoable. Ugh. I really need to find a spot I can launch some MPR without a club.

Still waiting on a launch day that isn't scrubbed due to weather. January launches in the area were either cancelled or there were major traffic snarls between here and there due to the weather. Hoping that February launches happen.

If weather cancels February, we may extend the contest. I have followed a couple build threads.

Earlier somebody said 100%. Lets keep it at no more than 75% of the things listed. I would say on your list you used as an example, I only have 50% of the things listed. This will be less fun if I have to go buy a bunch of stuff that I don't have at home and then be stuck with a pack of stuff I won't ever use again. I am not even sure what a shaving can lid is. Are you talking about the plastic cap off of a can of shaving goo? (Sorry, I use soaps and a brush.. I can only guess that is what you mean) I suppose the need to go run out and get stuff will depend on how creative people are in their proposed items. I was just shocked to see that I only have 1/2 of those items in your sample list.

Pictures should be provided of each part in the list so everything is identifiable and everyone is on the same page.

Did my launch today

box of Part smoke.jpg

Unfortunately, my daughter hit the button early so that was all I got

here is a picture with a listing of the parts I used

Parts .jpg

Build thread to come

Post a link to your thread here. I am extending it to 1 March at a request to fly at Grits.

Bummer, I went really quickly on my build to get it done by Feb 15... Wish I had known about the extension...
:cry:

Done.
Parts check
11/11
Renuzit air freshener --CHECK-- Tail Cone
foam core board --CHECK--Fins and Centering Rings
Sobe bottle or any other bottle (this will allow some variation including the nip bottle) --CHECK--Fin Tip Accessories
undies --CHECK--Elastic Shock Cord
ice cream cone protector --CHECK--Engine Nozzle
umbrella or jar lid.. (did we decide to that umbrella was the answer to this one?) --CHECK--Umbrella Chute
plunger (wild card use it or not) --CHECK--Nose Cone Center
pringles can --CHECK--Body Tube (I LIKE these!)
Ping Pong Ball --CHECK--Fake Nozzles for bottles
Dowel. --CHECK--Fin tip accessories
Cardboard cand wrapper. --CHECK--Launch Lugs
Launch Video[video=youtube;kEOn2YyPQSM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEOn2YyPQSM[/video]==Sorry about missing the deployment, I was paying more attention to the rocket than to the camera. You can see the chute at the very end of the video.
Pics
BuzzSeanGraphic.jpgBuzzPadShot.jpgBuzzGroundShot1.jpgBuzzGroundShot2.jpgBuzzedFinished.jpg

Heads Up Flight on AeroTech F32-4T (thanks for the advice, guys! Very majestic and un-enebriated lift-off, fairly straight boost until ran out of power and arced over. Deployment VERY late [almost a heart stopper]. Guessing made it up to 250 feet altitude and deployed at 100 feet. Only damage interestingly was the shoulder of the nose cone tore up a bit.)

Back