BADDAZZ Avionics Bays!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,

I had my Nephew running the 54mm Ave Bay Lids today.
He was over torquing the vise and that caused this.
It is Cosmetic in Nature and will be Covered by the Hardpoints.
I really don't want to throw these out, let me know if you can't accept the blemish.

100_2569a.JPG

100_2570a.JPG

Don't care. Throw in a reject nosecone and we're good :)

OK WITH ME

Thanks Guys, I just hate waste. Yes I can recycle the scrap but This is not that big of a deal to me either.
17 year old nephew took it hard, he had worked all day, (first time on CNC) and thought he was doing a great job.
He was Very disappointed he made a mistake and was ready to quit. I told him we all made mistakes, but as Men we are expected to Chin up , Learn from them and move forward.
You know the "Never be a quitter" talk. I posted this to show him what you guys would say.

Hi Everyone,

I had my Nephew running the 54mm Ave Bay Lids today.
He was over torquing the vise and that caused this.
It is Cosmetic in Nature and will be Covered by the Hardpoints.
I really don't want to throw these out, let me know if you can't accept the blemish.

To coin collectors, these would be worth more!

AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

As a coin collector, I know what you mean...

Matt

Really?

I had no idea.

Heck yeah! ANY unintentional blemish on a coin during its minting increases its value to a collector..Shoot, there is a PENNY where the date was double stamped, worth THOUSANDS of dollars to collectors..Awesome work(could it be anything but, from you?)..Looking forward to seeing these in person in a couple weeks in O'burg! :)

Pffft; cosmetic issue, doesn't have any effect on how well they work, so it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Really?

I had no idea.

The Mint tries really hard to catch and melt down any defects, which makes them rather rare and unique.

-Kevin

As is typical of your work Eric, these look very nice, but also they look heavy. How much does the 75mm version weigh?

Hi Dixon these weigh 450 grams, It is something I want to work on. I do however feel these are flyable.
Thanks Eric

Hi Every one, The ave bay are going to ship this coming week. Day job was CrAzY this week, I 'm waiting on screws from my vendor and I have to anodize them as well.
I did receive the 9V battery pigtails, They are nice!. I upgraded these to a hard connector instead of the flimsy vinyl one I prototyped with.

ALL That Said I should be shipping this coming week!

Thanks and God Bless,

Eric

Good news. Thanks for the update. I am saving holiday cash to buy your next kit.

Be a Long tough week Folks, Went in for a Crown Monday. That was stopped for a root canal Teusday.
I did get the non-anodized ave bays shipped. Got the chemicals in to recharge the tanks finally.
Monday morning I'll mix the acid solution and start the process.
Went and picked up Launch system today and will head out for a weekend break in the morning.

Second batch is almost machined, Got to tap 54 charge cups.
Was able to drop the weight on the 75mm version too, by 65 grams.

Y'all have a great weekend. :)
God Bless

Be a Long tough week Folks, Went in for a Crown Monday. That was stopped for a root canal Teusday.
I did get the non-anodized ave bays shipped. Got the chemicals in to recharge the tanks finally.
Went and picked up Launch system today and will head out for a weekend break in the morning.

God Bless

Received! Looks awesome! Much lighter than anticipated!

Sorry you had a rough week Eric but I can't wait to pick up my 75mm version this weekend! Can't make Saturday, but will be there on Sunday!

God Bless

I recieved my 75mm version for the first batch of 10 today :). Not sure if it is clear anodized, or I got shipped one that is not anodized. Can't say I really know how to tell the difference.

God Bless

Get better Eric.

Back