"Back Yard" Launch Day Photos and Reports!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSNW

Reaction score
SO! This thread is for posting your Family and Friends "Back Yard" Launch day reports and photos! Anytime you run out to a ball field or even your back yard. Anytime when you launch with friends and family where there is NO flight cards, lines or fees! (Disclaimer: Poster does not intend to put down, disrespect or discriminate against people, pets, and other life forms who launch at sanctioned NAR or Tripoli events. This is just a thread for those times where you find yourself launching outside of said paradigm. In fact, I like NAR and Tripoli….but not Disco).

Report: You know what they say…..”A family who launches together…stays together” (Family = Friends too!). At least I hope so. Anyway, here in Ohio, my wife and I scored a new launch field. It is huge and about 5 miles from where I live. Last Friday we went out and did some class-1. We made a day of it and my friend Bruce came out too. We had a good time in near windless conditions and blue sky. Did mostly black powder stuff. I launched my new ESAM-58 on a D16. It did okay, but this kit really needs a 24mm mount. My wife launched her “Flower Power” rocket called Daisy and the dog chased after crickets and grasshoppers. Great times. We then went home and had pizza and dreamed of the next launch (at least I did). I wish I took more photos…..

Last edited:
Its a nice field, but it is not my back yard. Just a field I have permission to launch from. I am blessed and lucky.
Andrew

Back