Back to Hobby Lobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darian Rachal

Reaction score
HL is having 1/2 off Estes kits & Starter sets this week(Dec.15-20). Here at the Alex HL they still have a few sets of AT Econo Jet 2pks F motors for $20.00. Should I buy them at this price or hope that they will eventually discount them? :confused:

Go Hobby Lobby, Go Hobby Lobby...gone!

I wonder if this includes Quest? Lots of Estes I need to pick up anyways.

Says Estes but usually they just ring'em up. They don't know the diff most of the time.
This sale right before xmas too, man i guess the wife not going to get those earrings she wanted. Sorry honey HL having a sale :)

Originally posted by Darian Rachal
... Here at the Alex HL they still have a few sets of AT Econo Jet 2pks F motors for $20.00. Should I buy them at this price or hope that they will eventually discount them? :confused:
Darian...
I hit up just about every HL in our state when I found out that they wouldn't be carrying the AT line, due to the fact that they couldn't be reordered. I picked up quite a few Econo's for half price.
This didn't have anything to due with a 1/2 off sale. Most of the stores had them marked down when I got to them already and the others....well..I helped persuade them a bit. ;)
Oh, and the salespersons told me they never run motors on sale, at HL.
But, like most people post here, they never seem to pay attention to their own policies and usually, if it's a rocket related item, and it's a 1/2 off sale, they'll give you the price.
I'd bring them (the AT motors) up to the checkout and if they don't give you 1/2 off, I guess decide if you still want them or not.
Either way, HL will not be carrying the AT line of products, according to them, and Joe Burger from AT, in the future. Although Joe says they plan on trying to have HL carry their products again, possibly. At this point, I'd grab the motors at any HL as you more than likely will not see them there again. But, it doesn't hurt to ask if they'll discount them as they are a discontinued item.
My .02.....or .03.... or .04 ... ;)

Thanks for the imput. I imagine after the first of the year they'll probably be running some of their clearance sales & discounting stuff significantly. They've still got an AT Starter set with the Initiator at the Alex store, but it's marked around $190.00. Guess I'll run by there Monday & check things out. :)

Well I went to HL today, but did not net very much...

1ea. of the following:

Python 4

BLU-97B

Paveway

Baby Bertha

pack of C11-0's

maybe I was too late, the pickin's was kinda slim

Johnnie...
Just curious, did they sell you the motors at 1/2 price also? I'm always amazed from store to store how they handle sale policy.

Darian...
You forgot to mention........ roosters on sale again too. :D

no 1/2 price motors for me :((
I'll try and hit 2 more stores in the coming days.
Picked up a CCExpress for 6 bucks

...hhmmmm, I never looked at my receipt until I read your post Stones. The answer is no, they charged me the regular $8.99 price of the C11's. Still a good deal on these 4 kits though.

Originally posted by Stones
Johnnie...
Just curious, did they sell you the motors at 1/2 price also? I'm always amazed from store to store how they handle sale policy.

Darian...
You forgot to mention........ roosters on sale again too. :D

I'm amazed at the differences from cashier to cashier. I stopped today looking for an Executioner for a friend. They were out. I picked up a Screamin Mimi, pack of D12's, and a pack of E9's. The girl didn't give me half off the rocket at first, till I pointed it out. Then she gave me half off of everything. Look for the youngest, newest, cashier that looks like she's worn out. :)

Hey, if roosters are 50% off, does that mean you can go off half-cocked?

" Look for the youngest, newest, cashier that looks like she's worn out. :) "

Thats awfull....

He He He...(snicker)!!!

I love a 'deal' as much as the next guy, but cannot find it in my heart to intentionally try to sneak some extra merchandise past the check-out people for an extra 50 percent discount.

You and I both know this is the same thing as stealing. Any time, any place, or for any reason. I don't think there is anyone on this forum who values their ethics at less than $1.49, or however much you think you are saving.

This is Christmas. Our dishonesty does no honor to the One whom we celebrate at this time of year.

Powder, you are right, but on the other hand...

"I have a 40% off coupon for a Bulkpack of Estes motors at Micheals and I'm not afraid to use it!!":D

Powder, that's what I was thinking, thanks for saying it.

Johnnie, Powder is talking about stealing not the use of coupons.

I too went to H/L the prior time they had a sale and picked up a couple packs of engines. The cashier took 50% off but I pointed
out that I didn't think the engines were 50% off, he said not to worry about it, so I didn't. I don't think I was stealing since I made him aware of it.

As Powder pointed out, what's the value of doing the right thing?

I would like to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!
Call it what you will, I call it Christmas.

Airforce,

I knew what Powder was referring to, I was merely trying to make light of a tense situation with his post.

everyone needs to smile, it's Christmas...

Went to second H/L in 2 days. After reading Powders post I decided I would ask the manager. Whats the worst he could say "no"?
Well he said yes, so i purchased the 4 packages of motors (50%) off and about 5 other kits.

Doesnt hurt to ask!!
Now everyone is happy :) and i saved about 50 bucks!

I don't pretend to be, presume to be, or want to be the conscience for this bunch.

I just think fair is fair, that if they over-charged you a couple bucks that you would be right back in there demanding a refund.
If they under-charge me by mistake and I catch it in time, I feel that I am responsible to point this out also. If, after all that, the store people are willing to blow it off and let something go for a double discount, then I am perfectly happy to be on the receiving end.

I did not mean to offend anyone by my comments, and I am sorry if I did. I just felt led to step in and do a little preaching. I am certainly not perfect; you guys simply cannot see my own pile of dirty laundry through these posts.

Let's just put a silver bullet through this and let it go.

Powder...
As the person who basically started the "you might be able to get the discount on motors" part of this thread, I'm not offended in anyway and you're opinion is totally valid. I guess I was just offering the info of "hey, sometimes they'll give you the motors for 1/2 off too when you check out" kind of thing. We'll just leave it at that as I can hear that silver bullet wizzing over my head. ;)

Powder, you are 100% correct. FWIW, I bought some Quest kits last week for my kids for Christmas. The cashier was going to give me half off, due to the sale at the time on plastic models. I did correct her and paid full price. My statement about the young cashiers was in bad taste, and I didn't intend for it to be taken serious. Every time the discussion comes up about the differences from store to store, and from employee to employee, I make that little remark. No offense intended, none taken, all is good :)

Well Airforce...

I went to Hobbytown USA by the office at lunch today to pic up a couple spare issues of Sport Rocketry Magazine and, since Hobby Lobby was right next door...

...Yea, I stopped. The bummer is everything on the shelf I already had one or two of, except for a Quest kit I needed to replace that my son built last week. But...Lo and behold, they had TWO NEW ESTES KITS...the Renegade and the new SR71. Needless to say I bought them both. At half off, I paid only $7 for the Renegade and $8.50 for the SR71; unfortunately they only had one of each, so I am going to go to another Hobby Lobby tonite on my way home that is near my place. Man...two sweet kits in one slam though, what a day! :)

BTW, I was also at Walmart...I almost died when I saw the Launchables were $4.97 each and included the new military kits and the FatBoy.

Carl

Originally posted by CTulanko

BTW, I was also at Walmart...I almost died when I saw the Launchables were $4.97 each and included the new military kits and the FatBoy.

Carl

YOU BETTER NOT BE KIDDING ME!! NO WAY!!! Don't do this to me! I already spent all my money....WHAAAA!!! :( :mad:

Jason

Carl!!!!
You almost made it.:p :p

Up until now you haven't mentioned this addiction but here it is, Friday and you had to spear me!:D

I have news......I have not, that's have not, visited any of the 4 H/L that normally suck me in during every 1/2 off sale.

I would like to have those 2 kits you mentioned but I will not stop
at any H/L stores....

It also helped me because I received my shipment from Fliskits yesterday which contained 2 of Mr. Jims latest offerings.

So, I will simply say, thanks for the reminder but I'm not stopping at any H/L. I hope to have Christmas paid for by the next 1/2
off sale....:rolleyes:
Merry Christmas!!!

Gee, Randy, who are you trying to convince? You know you WANT to stop at a Hobby Lobby. Go ahead, it's Christmas, indulge yourself a little bit. You still have credit left on that good ole credit card.

[Yoda voice: At a Hobby Lobby stop you will. Buy kits you WILL, deny yourself you will NOT. ]

Originally posted by KenParker
You still have credit left on that good ole credit card.

Yeah, and if not, you can always get another one...lol

Ken,
Take a note.....please do not let Carl stay at you house in the future.......he has obviously infected you with the same virus!:D

My plastic is still hot from Christmas and the therapist, WOW!,
have you ever went to a Rocket Therapist????:rolleyes:
Very costly. It's diffinately cheaper to admit your problem and indulge!!!!

Rocket Therapist???!!!

At probably $100 hr, you could have applied it to REAL therapy and bought HL out!!! :D

ooooohhh...Randy...I hear it calling you...

...<font size="-3">buy me...</font><font size="-3">buy me...</font><font size="-2">buy me...</font><font size="-2">buy me...</font><font size="-1">buy me...</font><font size="-1">buy me...</font>Buy Me...Buy Me...<font size="+1">Buy Me...</font><font size="+1">Buy Me...</font><font size="+2">BUY ME...</font><font size="+2">BUY ME...</font><font size="+3">BUY ME!!!</font>

:D

Back