Back in the swing...!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steward

Reaction score

And it's about time... I've been so busy with helping get our club up and running, haven't had much time to build rockets... or at least finish them...

Up first... a pair of Guardians... (my 9yr old actually built one just after Christmas)... I can't tell which one is which...!!! Will be priming in the morning.

I hope to finish one a day... have five more to go...!!!

Looking good! I just built a Guardian last week, and have it in it's first coat of paint.

Nice idea using the hangers as stands too!

we have a guardian and it has flown every time our club gets together since november so now it is kinda a tradition... we cant go without shooting it once every saturday and sunday

Did get them primed...
probably will have them painted before these get posted...
O.K... so I'm not the fastest bullet in the clip...LOL

Nice paint! And kudos on the rocket stand idea using the wire hangers. Yet another thing I wish I'd thought of myself... ;)

It's funny to me anyway...
Thats like the second comment on the coat hangers I'm using as rocket stands... Sometimes it's the small things that we take for granted... I don't know where I may have picked it up... that's becuse I've been doing it for almost forty years...!!!
Thanks...
Steward

What kind of primer is that?

In my short sheltered life I've never seen purple.

Yep, coat hangers, that's a good idea!

It's not purple....
It's Krylon grey....but something about the light (coming in the window), the green wall, and the white balance of my camera... sure does look purple...

they look great and i had never seen or heard of using hangers for stands.
i did notice what appears to be a fin alignment jig in the photo. did you make this or did you purchase it from someone.
it would make getting the fins perfectly aligned possible.

Sorry I seemed to have missed your post...

It's an original Estes "Fin Aligment Guide".... the one that's hard to find nowadays...and if you do they're real expensive...
Someone on here... not long ago talking about one they found on E-Bay for like $70 bucks or so....
I bought mine around 81 or 82....

Do you think I could sale old coat hangers as rocket stands...???
and make a million dollars...???

guess not....

Back