"Baby J, 29mm J500 in a 29mm case"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the motor itself blew out of the stand (200 feet away), leaving the grain on the ground. Poor upper bulkhead fastening which I will address.

Yeah, the motor itself blew out of the stand (200 feet away), leaving the grain on the ground. Poor upper bulkhead fastening which I will address.
The person holding the camera is clearly well under 50' away.

Retention is currently by snap ring- Looking at the motor tube, you can see where it ripped right thru it. There are multiple fuel comps per motor - I have something I want to try with the Baby J before I give up - It was a simple bulkhead failure.

Retention is currently by snap ring- Looking at the motor tube, you can see where it ripped right thru it. There are multiple fuel comps per motor - I have something I want to try with the Baby J before I give up - It was a simple bulkhead failure.

Simple failure at 2k+ Pc is not just a bulkhead failure . Its a design issue that open motor or burnsim will not flag. What was your Kn 350/375? Shearing a case at the snap ring grove takes serious pressure .

Please.. DO NOT GIVE UP!!

I WANT !!!

after crashing $1,000 I layed in bed and watched Nova "RISE OF THE ROCKETS"

31:00 -34:00. Rocketry made simple..

I

I think I'll stick with the I90

Upper bulkhead fail - CATO

This is backyard rocketry at it's finest. A shed, a trampoline, and a motor test stand. An explosion rocks the neighborhood. Fiery propellent spews everywhere. But it's in the snow and who gives a ****. Certainly not the guy casually smoking a cigarette 20 feet away. 'Murica!!

Back