Awesome Hybrid Flight!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexNUMB

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

I had the pleasure of attending a fantastic launch over the long Memorial Day weekend.

Mike Roland and I (Newton's 3rd Rocketry) teamed up with Scott Harrison of West Coast Rocketry to fly a manufacturer's demo of the upcoming 75mm Hybrid systems from West Coast rocketry.

Scott made 2 boosters by welding fins to his L motor casing and his M motor casing.

Mike and I made composite forward section that housed the dual deployment recovery section (controlled by an FC877 altimeter) and a 400 line resolution CCD camera that transmitted video on the 2.4Ghz band.

Scott's first booster, an L700 or so, burned for a 7.4 seconds and propelled the rocket to 12,500' AGL.

The second booster, an M900, burned for 9.5 seconds and propelled the rocket to 15,990' AGL.

Both flight were recovered less than 1/2 mile down range.

We don't have any pics of the first motor online yet, but here are some pics of the second M motor in flight:

WestCoastHybrids.jpg

FITS2004-6.jpg

I'll post video when we get it digitized, if anyone is interested! :)
--Alex

nice pics, the flame really decreases though.

haha you got them back? it looks like you are launching in the woods

that's UP THERE!

I, for one, would love to see the video.
:D

Please post a video - being a low power guy, I live vicariously through the rumble of a full L and M going off -

The sound on Wedge Oldham's Nike Herc still send shivers up my spine - along with the N to M Terrier-Sandhawk..oh baby !!!

There is a site online that has a ton of vids, but few have enough info to tell you quality of video prior to d/l. We need to get all of the big - clear videos posted together. Maybe a master list of sites would be good..hmmm

Anyways, I look foreward to seeing the video - fantastic pics there. ^5ss

I read somewhere about an O staging to a either big cluster or N motor. Anyways went about 75k feet.

Back