Avro Vulcan Mini R/C rocket glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had my first incident with an RG ☹️ My Mini Vulcan didn’t survive I accidentally loaded a motor for my X-15 into the Vulcan. As soon as hit the button it didn’t make the normal sound on light off and a half second it was about 30 to 40 feet it blew apart it had reached Vne so quick all I could do is watch all the pieces floating down to Earth. Here’s a pic what looked after63D55E2D-560B-47B9-8F8B-232B15488482.jpeg1ACD6F7E-8D06-4522-A42A-7F6039CF4BBF.jpeg

Bummer, yeah, D24 is not equal to D2.3 Well, I can make another kit:)

I had my first incident with an RG ☹ My Mini Vulcan didn’t survive I accidentally loaded a motor for my X-15 into the Vulcan. As soon as hit the button it didn’t make the normal sound on light off and a half second it was about 30 to 40 feet it blew apart it had reached Vne so quick all I could do is watch all the pieces floating down to Earth. Here’s a pic what looked afterView attachment 489965View attachment 489966

Last edited:
I had two 18mm loaded leftover from doing Boy Scouts day at the flying field thought they were both D2.3 fist flight of the day was the mini Vulcan flew great in the winds,the last flight of the day was the mini Vulcan. I really like that little plane😃

Back