The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jj94

Reaction score
So how do we get the avatars up? I don't see anything that will let me change it.

JAL3

Reaction score
Also... I don't remember what the setting is to set the tagline under the avatar. While acurate, "New Member" doesn't do it for me.

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If you click on "User CP" at the top of the page it should take you to a place where you'll see an "edit avatar" as the sixth option in the left hand column. It seems to work for me.

Last edited:

lessgravity

Reaction score
If you click on "User CP" at the top of the page it should take you to a place where you'll see an "edit avatar" as the sixth option in the left hand column. It seems to work for me.
I believe only admins have rights. I can go there but it doesn't give the option to upload.

jj94

Reaction score
Also... I don't remember what the setting is to set the tagline under the avatar. While acurate, "New Member" doesn't do it for me.
Ditto. I don't exactly count three years of forum participation as 'new'. Haha.

I believe only admins have rights. I can go there but it doesn't give the option to upload.
Yeah, that's what occurs with me. I remember Peartree having his avatar back too.

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what occurs with me. I remember Peartree having his avatar back too.
Sorry about that. I'll ask Troy if it is disabled as a "feature" or a "bug". :eek:

sunward

At Mad Rocket Basement
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I could upload a file for the image and it shows after uploading. But it hasn't affected how I appear.

The is no spot to replace New member. Must be sete so it can only be done after a certain number of posts.

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I could upload a file for the image and it shows after uploading. But it hasn't affected how I appear.

The is no spot to replace New member. Must be sete so it can only be done after a certain number of posts.
I've asked Troy about the avatar issue. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something. I hope he took his pain medication and is getting some rest. I expect we'll hear from him tomorrow.

In the "User CP" the first item on the left is "edit your details". In the second block I've got a "custom user title" (right above the "home page url" option). You don't have that? Maybe that is only enabled for administrators at this point. I'll ask Troy.

UMRS

Reaction score
They have to 'enable' custom avatars before there going to work.

UMRS

Reaction score
thats because they were enabled this morning

kelltym88

Reaction score
I figured. With all the mass responses last night, I just waited till this morning. Got my email confirmation from Troy, signed in and changed my password and then added my avatar. Site looks good so far.

WTM

Reaction score
Just checking that the "custom user title" is now working...

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
its seems animated gif avatars don't work though.
I saved your avatar and it is static when viewed with other tools. Could you send me a URL to the original animated copy, please? I'll grab a copy and see if I can get it working on TRF. Thanks!

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=200450&highlight=animated+avatar claims that it should work *unless* the avatar is "too big". In which case vbulletin might shrink it, causing the animation to be lost...

Luv2launch

Reaction score
No now that I look at the filesize its too big at 96KB's it must have shrunk it down.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Things should be fixed now. Let me know if I've missed something.

rocketguy101

Reaction score
my avatar is loaded, and shows on the cp area, but it doesn't show up on my posts...my sig is showing now.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Log out and log back in and see what happens.

georgegassaway

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Good to see it was just something not enabled yet, which now is. Obviously, I've set my avatar now.

- George Gassaway

rocketguy101

Reaction score
Log out and log back in and see what happens.
no joy...it is the same avatar as BTC (before the crash) ... I see it when I go to the User CP page. Weird. I see others, and my tagline and sig show up.

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
Along another line...it would be nice to allow larger avatars.

Indiana

Reaction score
no joy...it is the same avatar as BTC (before the crash) ... I see it when I go to the User CP page. Weird. I see others, and my tagline and sig show up.

Make sure you're editing your avatar and not your profile pic.

Latest posts