Quantcast

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Stones

Reaction score
The Outer Limits...
I remember when that show was the scariest thing on tv. When I was a youngster, I would debate whether or not I should stay up and watch it... for fear of nightmares. :eek: ;)

KermieD

Reaction score
Stones...they had TV when you were a youngster? :D

Stones

Reaction score
Originally posted by KermieD
Stones...they had TV when you were a youngster? :D
Oh yea... black and white... when you turned it off, we'd sit and watch how long the little white dot would take to disappear. Life was full of wonders like that. ;)

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stones
Oh yea... black and white... when you turned it off, we'd sit and watch how long the little white dot would take to disappear. Life was full of wonders like that. ;)
And we had to acually, gasp, get out of the chair to change the channel!

What was worse, if you did not see it broadcast, you had to wait for re-run season.

KermieD

Reaction score
Hehe. Yeah. Funny how now, even though you used to get up to change the channel, you'll spend more time & effort finding the @#($& remote than it would have taken you to get up and just change the channel.

Remember when the high-tech was that you had a remote--that had a cord leading to the TV?

Fore Check

Reaction score
I remember the first remote in our house.

To this day, my parents (who have great home theater equipment with fancy programmable remotes with touch screens and stuff) refer to the remotes as "clickers" and "clunkers" because of how the first ones we had felt/worked.

KermieD

Reaction score
I still call mine the clicker. Unless there's a dispute over my authority when it comes to control of the clicker. Then it is simply referred to as "the Power". Once the wrestling and tickling ends, the person left with the Holy Scepter of Entertainment takes the classic He-Man stance, legs akimbo, remote held high clutched in the victor's fist, and shouts at the top of his (or occasionally her) lungs "I HAVE THE POWER!!!"

wickball

Reaction score
Stones, you're making me LOL, I had forgotten all about the white dot till you just mentioned it.

wick

Stymye

Reaction score
Kermie , you had me dying with that one...!!

... The Holy Scepter of Entertainment...heh

vjp

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stones
Did you play with the contrast/brightness dials to make the white dot get brighter and last longer too?:D

I think in our own primitive way, we were videogame pioneers.:D

Latest posts