Availability of AT K400 Classic DMS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Blatz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody seen one of these run?

And further, are they available for sale yet?

I think I want a couple. :).

I think there were a few demo'd but Aerotech hasn't added them to their order form just yet. That will change shortly.

Yeah, I liked it. Yes, 54mm DMS. Here's a photo I took of the demo... no idea who flew it.

[FONT=&amp]
image-k400-demo-aeronaut-400-600-104016192813164.jpg
[/FONT]

Last edited:
So it's not blue thunder. I thought it was. I always wondered how it had a ~6 sec burn, hence my assumption that it used off-set geometry.

Mike at Bay Area Rocketry has a dozen of these on hand, also the awesome new dark matter J450. I think these will become the cornerstones of 54mm DMS.

Ok just looked at the thrust curve data posted 10/15/16. Not at all the same as the motor I was thinking of.

When I got into HPR, Aerotech only had 2 propellants. Slow low smoke which became White Lightning, and a faster low smoke which became Blue Thunder. The only special effect motor at the time was the Vulcan Smoky Sam. The K400 is a baby K and uses the slow low smoke propellant with about the burn rate of White Lightning.

Can't wait to see one fly. I'm thinking a Kosdon Slow type look.

Can't wait to see and fly these! More flame and less smoke than CTI Classic...totally that old school Kosdon and AT pre-WL look!!

For your viewing pleasure:

[video=youtube;wGfMIkCVQ0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGfMIkCVQ0I&index=3&list=PLPM_HDz-_3B99wZGJ0b-6G8uJE6B4H8Z4[/video]

Last edited:
Back