• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Av bay Bulk plates for Dynacom 5.1" airframe.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to get a 5.1 dual deployment Dynacom Anaconda I recently got back to flyable condition. Its missing the bulk plates for the av bay. Need 2..... or someone that can make 2 of them to specifically fit the airframe and coupler. Prefer fiberglass.

Contact Upscale CNC! Nat has cut many parts for me and is always great to work with.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/upscale-cnc.127183/
I always wish I had bought a Dynacom kit when they were available.
Thanks Scott. I appreciate it a ton brother! I will drop him a message. This is an already built rocket. But you know how hard anything Dynacom is to find. It's actually built pretty well and has complete extremely well documented papers with it and photos of the build as it was the owners L3.

Trying to get a 5.1 dual deployment Dynacom Anaconda I recently got back to flyable condition. Its missing the bulk plates for the av bay. Need 2..... or someone that can make 2 of them to specifically fit the airframe and coupler. Prefer fiberglass.
5.1 OD is the same size as Wildman sells. Contact Tim . He has a CNC router table.

5.1 OD is the same size as Wildman sells. Contact Tim . He has a CNC router table.
Unfortunately the standard 5 inch Wildman av bay bulkplates are different. I tried the ones from my 5 inch Competitor and no fit. The OD of the Dynacom airframe is similar in size at 5.1 but the tube thickness of the airframe and coupler are different, making the OD and ID of the coupler different that it will require custom made pieces. Looks like either way it will be a custom order. Just was checking to see if anyone had any 5.1 inch Dynacom bulkplates laying around.

Custom order it is. Thank you.

I just made 5" bulkplates on my rotary table for my 5" Anaconda a few months ago. I think I might have some additional material but Nat can probably get you the stuff you need faster.

Protip: Send him dimensions with three decimal places along with your tolerances. He loves those. ;)

My bulkplates were made from 1/4" G10. Go big or go home.

That being said, I might still have the bulk plates from the original av bay that came with the Anaconda. I can look.

I now know of three other individuals with a 5" Anaconda. Dr. Reese, Braden Carlson, yourself and myself.

Argonia drag race in a few years? :)

I think I have Dynacom originals if you want to go that route, let me know if I should start the dig.

Oh and Nat does FANTASTIC work, you cannot go wrong working with him. :)

I just made 5" bulkplates on my rotary table for my 5" Anaconda a few months ago. I think I might have some additional material but Nat can probably get you the stuff you need faster.

Protip: Send him dimensions with three decimal places along with your tolerances. He loves those. ;)

That being said, I might still have the bulk plates from the original av bay that came with the Anaconda. I can look.

I now know of three other individuals with a 5" Anaconda. Dr. Reese, Braden Carlson, yourself and myself.

Got the message into Nat. No worries brother. Thank you for the help

I know Dr David Reese, and Braden both. Actually... this one I just acquired from Braden. Looking to fix it up and fly it. At least once or twice. It's getting av bay upgrade, new electronics. They glued a bulkplate about 6 inches above the motor tube. I'm drilling that so I can fit longer 75mm motors. And yes... paint. Lol

Got the message into Nat. No worries brother. Thank you for the help

I know Dr David Reese, and Braden both. Actually... this one I just acquired from Braden. Looking to fix it up and fly it. At least once or twice. It's getting av bay upgrade, new electronics. They glued a bulkplate about 6 inches above the motor tube. I'm drilling that so I can fit longer 75mm motors. And yes... paint. Lol

@UPscaler chickened out on the drag race eh?

Mine has a bulkplate right at the endpoint of a 98/10240 case... Boo. Probably should leave it in there. Not sure I would want to fly it on an N motor...

@UPscaler chickened out on the drag race eh?

Mine has a bulkplate right at the endpoint of a 98/10240 case... Boo. Probably should leave it in there. Not sure I would want to fly it on an N motor...
This one has the 75mm mount. About as long of a case to fit is the 6000 case. If I drill it there is still basically a centering ring but now i can fit up to the 10k case. . I usually always attach my harness to the forward closure.

I so loved the Dynacom kits. I miss the Anaconda, and wish that I'd both it and the two stage version back in the 90s. Hindsight eh? Yes, I'm Canadian..

Back