Quantcast

auto polishing systems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

LW Bercini

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody use automotive polishing systems (e.g. Meguiar's) on their rockets?[h=1][/h]

AfterBurners

Reaction score
there should be a thread on this. I remember seeing Nathan post a system on how he finishes his rockets. Many grades wet sanding and polishing

Banzai88

Lvl 1,Wallet....Destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I use the Sonus stuff. Expensive, but work wonders. Look up some of Nathan's threads.

Nathan

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I wet sand and polish my paint jobs using automotive polish. I've used various products in the past but currently I use Black Diamond and Meguiar's polishes. I've done several threads describing the process, here is the most recent one . . . https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?135941-Upscale-Onyx&p=1626466#post1626466

I like your profile picture, I used to have a dog that could hold 3 tennis balls in his mouth like that.

Trident

Retired, plenty of kits
Reaction score
I've seen references to using 3M Finessit-II Polishing Medium being used on model rockets. I made a note a couple years ago to go to an automotive store and get some, but haven't done so yet. I do recall that it was mentioned that this was not a rubbing compound, so it would not be a harsh treatment to a paint job.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ditto Trident on this.

I often use a coat or two of Nu-finish polymer once I have the finish I want.