Quantcast

Auto mark thread as read

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

DexterLB

Reaction score
Before TRF crashed, closing the browser window automatically marked all threads as read after a few minutes. What about now? Can this function be restored?:confused:

RoyAtl

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot better now. Newer versions of vBulletin have a sorta schizo way of handling it; not the most perfect way (such as how Simple Machines Forum does it) but at least it sorta remembers that you haven't yet read some threads.

Balsa Bob

Reaction score
Seems to be a lot better now...it sorta remembers that you haven't yet read some threads.
Yeah, but there's a reason I don't read some threads... I'd just as soon they retire gracefully once I close the browser.

Ltvscout

Reaction score
Yeah, but there's a reason I don't read some threads... I'd just as soon they retire gracefully once I close the browser.
I noticed this change as well. What I'm now doing is going to the home page, scrolling down and clicking on the Mark Forums Read link.

o1d_dude

'I battle gravity'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It's not quite auto-mark but if you use the "Forum Tools" drop down menu, there is a selection titled "Mark Forum Read" that does exactly what it says.

There is also a "Quick Links" feature that marks all forums read.

Not automatic by any means but the functions are there.

AKPilot

Reaction score
I can look into this too over the weekend.

Man, is my do list getting longer. LOL! Shouldn't be a problem though.