ATTN: Tour de Deuce Volunteers!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can no longer do the 9th-11th, so I'll do the 4th.

Nick

Awesome. This is very do-able. Thanks!

New Schedule:

Barry Harsh (MO): June 11-13
Larry Vetter (IA): June 18-20
Nick Esselman (VT): July 2-4
Jim Myers (MN): July 23-25

Jason

Hi Guys,
Just spent the last hour reading through the TDD thread. This all started before I joined TRF. Its interesting to read up on how this all started.

There is still a weekend before the 4th of July that these rockets could be flown. I have had them since the 9th of June. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind having them here, but feel they could be off doing what they were meant to do instead of sitting in my living room.

There's still time to get them shipped to someone by this weekend. ANY TAKERS!!!:)

p.s I was looking through the TDD thread and the pictures, and or launch reports from Missouri and Wisconsin are not there. There was a launch report, and pic. from those two states, wasn't there:confused:

Larry

I'm the guy who should take the heat for the photo albums... :)

Been tres busy and deuce tired with the national shows this year... (Pun alert! )

As for the photo albums, there are two still missing (one of which is Missouri). I have set aside Thrusday as my TdD update day.

As for Wisconsin, that album is up already. You can find it at: https://fliskits.com/tour_de_deuce/photoalbums/wisconsin_tdd.htm The launch was hosted at BONG during NARCON with KermieD. I was thrilled to have been able to attend that launch :)

I also had a thought about this and other TdD threads here. It would be a great idea to make sure that these get archived upon the completion of the TdD and posted where all could read. I will look into adding a link from the TdD page to the specific threads. Great history here!

jim

Hey Jim,
Your not that far behind on the photo album. Actually what I was talking about was the TDD thread here on TRF. I know that right after Missouri was complete Barry had posted pictures and a report, but yeterday when I was looking through that thread it went from "the Deuces have arrived in Missouri" to " they were shipped off to Iowa". Wisconsin wasn't there either. No report or pictures:confused:

Larry

Oh One more question. Is the Tour De Deuce Logo copywrited or anything? May I use it on a T-shirt? Thought of putting the Logo on the front then the Iowa TDD pictures on back. Thanks:)

Larry,

I documented the Missouri leg of the TdD in the Tour de Deuce - Missouri thread. Not int the normal TdD thread.

This brings up a thought. We need to keep the other TdD threads (like the one above) around.

bmhiii

bmhii,
Thanks, I knew I wasn't seeing things:p I never thought of it being in a Thread of its own, and yes the threads do need to be kept around. Thanks again........Larry

Do we have any takers for August? Please contact us. See my sig for a current calendar of events. Thanks all.

I've already volunteered to luanch in the state of Delaware. I recieved an email confirming that they recieved my volunteer email, but I must have deleted it by mistake.

I just want to let you know that I can launch the Duece in DE. any weekend in August.

Hope I get picked for the team:( . I dont want any flashbacks from my years in grade school when I was picked last for the games.

Originally posted by pjbatglen
I've already volunteered to luanch in the state of Delaware. I recieved an email confirming that they recieved my volunteer email, but I must have deleted it by mistake.

I just want to let you know that I can launch the Duece in DE. any weekend in August.

Hope I get picked for the team:( . I dont want any flashbacks from my years in grade school when I was picked last for the games.

It's all you! Pick a weekend and we'll pencil you in. August is all open. Thanks for volunteering!

Originally posted by stymye
The Alpha 40's lack 13 states

https://alpha40.azrockets.org/

is it possible the deuces could finish sooner ?

So long as there is a continued interest by those that volunteered or others willing to step up, I don't see why not. Until now the response has been very good. The project is "out at sea" right now on its long journey. We tend to lose crew members along the way.

We're anticipating a great flight this weekend in Minnesota. Best of luck to Jim Myers.

For those of you that have signed up, check out my signature line. It reflects the official scheduling and status of the Tour. If you are interested in getting your leg of the Tour completed, send us an Email to reserve your weekend.

Thanks all!

I would say that it is very possible. We've already gone further in less time than the Alpha 40 project. I would love to see that happen, personally...

And Eugenio is correct, it is hard to keep enthusiasm up over such a long period. That is the problem that the A40 project has had. All we can ask is that everyone understand the magnitued of this project and be confident that your time will come and it *will* be exciting when it does. :)

Originally posted by jflis
I would say that it is very possible. We've already gone further in less time than the Alpha 40 project. I would love to see that happen, personally...

And Eugenio is correct, it is hard to keep enthusiasm up over such a long period. That is the problem that the A40 project has had. All we can ask is that everyone understand the magnitued of this project and be confident that your time will come and it *will* be exciting when it does. :)

The Alpha 40 project is once again moving. I flew them last month and they are on the move again. The project lost leadership and had a few other snags that have been overcome. Check out our pictures:

https://www.bluesrocks.org/blueskies_3.htm

At the bottom of the page.

Patrick

Attention Northerners: The summer will come to a close quickly. If you would like to get your state in before this winter, please respond with a date of your choice so that we can get you scheduled. I sent some of you an Email with this same information.

Please note that after Aug 6-8 we do not have anyone scheduled. Let's keep this project rolling! Pick a date and let us know!

Thanks! :cool:

Im still hoping to do Maine on Labor Day up in Cherryfield... :)

I know you're trying to get Northen, harsh winter states done first, but when you're heading out west to California, I would love to help you out. Let me know what preliminary stuff needs to be done and I'll start on it right away. Thanx.

Originally posted by Neil
Im still hoping to do Maine on Labor Day up in Cherryfield... :)

Neil, thanks for chiming in. For Maine we have John Cronan and Ron Quattrochi signed up. I will do my best to contact one of these gentlemen first and see if they are still available. If they are no longer able participants we will let you know. Thanks again.

Originally posted by kelltym88
I know you're trying to get Northen, harsh winter states done first, but when you're heading out west to California, I would love to help you out. Let me know what preliminary stuff needs to be done and I'll start on it right away. Thanx.

We currently have Eric Williams listed as the California volunteer. If you would like to register as a substitute, please head over to the <a href="https://www.fliskits.com/tour_de_deuce/tdd_signup.htm">TdD Signup</a> page and submit your application. Please make certain you mention that you are signing up as a substitute.

Thank you very much for your interest. Hopefully we can keep this project moving along!

Originally posted by eugenefl
We currently have Eric Williams listed as the California volunteer.

We actually already have him scheduled for the November ROCStock, so be sure to get out there to see the Deuce's fly!!

Dates will be confirmed soon!

Jason

Originally posted by jetra2
We actually already have him scheduled for the November ROCStock, so be sure to get out there to see the Deuce's fly!!

Dates will be confirmed soon!

Jason

Thanks Jason!

I said this when I volunteered - that my launch schedule is generally not fixed until close to the date. I have no place to 'solo' fly them. After I get back in town in August I'll see what windows I have. I may be the last one, but I will someday fly TDD in MD!

Whats this? When did they sign up? I thought I was on the list since last winter.... :(

Whats this? When did they sign up? I thought I was on the list since last winter.... :(

My apologies!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: I just double-checked. Maine is ME, not MA! So sorry bro! You're in for ME. My bad! :eek:

Phew! Feeling pretty cheated there for a sec... ;) :p

Anyways, is Labor Day still open? :D

d'ya think anyone'd notice if I switched the chutes to an MMHPR 18" in each!?

:D :p

lol What do you have in there for chutes, anyways? ;)

Yea, ME and MA get mixed up all the time. lol. One time when I was going to some doctor or whatever, they gave us a prescription for "Neil Thompson, 33 yankee drive, Yarmouth MA". Do'h!

Its really annoying, cause theres a Yarmouth Massacchussets, and a Yarmouth Maine, and also a Yarmouth Nova Scotia... Bet theres a Yarmouth England too... Anyways, easy mistake to make.

Phew! Feeling pretty cheated there for a sec... ;) :p

Anyways, is Labor Day still open? :D

d'ya think anyone'd notice if I switched the chutes to an MMHPR 18" in each!?

:D :p

lol What do you have in there for chutes, anyways? ;)

Yeah, sorry about that...again. I have you down for Labor Day weekend. I'll add that date range to my signature line.

As for chutes, we are currently using 18" nylon Thrustline chutes. I think we're in the process of replacing those with 24" ones since the last couple of flights have seen some rough landings.

The confirmed dates for ROCstock XX are November 12-14. Please join our own 'rocwizard' (Eric) to watch this pair of most famous Deuce's fly in the state of Kah-lee-forn-ia. This launch, will be just four days past the 1-year anniversary of the inaugural launch in Florida! Be sure to get out there!

Jason

Howbout 22"? :D :p Ive got a few of those lying around up here... :) Or I could sew some special 24"... I doubt my 25" 8-line chutes would fit very well... They would make it fly to the next county, and, in Cherryfield Maine, thats saying something! :eek: ;)

How much do these Dueces weigh, anyways? Sounds like they have had some rough landings and repairs... :( My bashed-up Duece comes down just fine on 15" and 18" chutes... Ill try mine on a 22" to get a feel for the drift...

Anyways, if you havnt gotten new chutes in there by next month, i'd be more than happy to clip on some new ones! :) Pick the color (red green blue yellow), pick the size (18", 22", 24". 24" is too much IMHO...), and give the word! :)

Save yourself the bother of buying new chutes and sending them to whover is next up, hoping they come in time... :rolleyes:

How many states are there between now and Labor Day (excluding Maine)?

Back