Attermpt at designing a glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DANLK66

Reaction score
Here are pics of my first attempt at designing and building a rocket glider from scratch. It flew pretty well on a B6-2 but needed a little nose weight so it ended up with a 35 sec flight. I will add a little nose weight and see if I can do better next launch. It goes up and comes back so I think I have most of the objectives covered for my first attempt. :)

rockets 001.jpg

rockets 006.jpg

rockets 007.jpg

Well, *boost glider* as it appears this has a separable front motor conventional pop pod. Hmm, this looks like an elongated Delta Katt, doesnt it?

Looks nice, glad it flew well enough. Maybe its the angle of the picture, but Im used to having more dihedral on stuff like that.

Hey, does your wife know you are building on your dining room table? ;)

That was an impressive first flight Dan; heck, I can't even get kits to glide for that long - you're ready for competition now!

Well, *boost glider* as it appears this has a separable front motor conventional pop pod. Hmm, this looks like an elongated Delta Katt, doesnt it?

Looks nice, glad it flew well enough. Maybe its the angle of the picture, but Im used to having more dihedral on stuff like that.

Good catch, especially if he was planning on flying this at NARAM next month. The event there is ROCKET glide, not BOOST glide, so something like this would not qualify.

What did you use for the wing? It looks like model siding from a doll house or some such with those grooves in it.

Back