Atomic Geehod

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THier

Reaction score
Well,,

After much thought, I am doing an "Atomic Geehod" 2.2X (4")upscale. I have the fin sets all worked out, I need to try to get the decals done.

Going for a 38mm motor mount,, should be cool. Right now it only exists in Rocsim, but I have printed the fins, I have a NC and Bluetube airframe for it.
I hope to fly it at RG8.

Tom

If you go to Semrocs site you can download the Rocsim file, then upscale by 2.2 times, this is what I did to get the fin patterns. It is not modified for the MM ect,, but that is the easy stuff.

I have some feelers out for decals or paint, I am not that artistic.

Tom

View attachment Semroc-Geehod-4.rkt

Carl was nice enough to give me a real nice scan of it. It will take some work but I can tell you now the decal set wil be more that one full page.

It's bigger than I thought.

Carl was nice enough to give me a real nice scan of it. It will take some work but I can tell you now the decal set wil be more that one full page.

It's bigger than I thought.

Would it be possible to add "Atomic" before the Geehod?

I'll be interested in seeing this project here and in the flesh too. Sounds really cool.

I think a 38mm mount is perfect. Bring parts to Don's build session ;)

Well,, I got my Geehod from Ken, (Perf hobbies) and I got my upscale Atomic Geehod wings cut, I'll have time tonight and this weekend to work on it. So, I have everything I need, (Airframe, nose cone, 38mm motor mount, wings cut, patterns for bomb and cockpit, need to cut centering rings) so I hope to make progress on both this weekend. I'll snap some pics as I go.

Tom

Here is the bomb and cockpit.

19366_108283699183416_100000053581085_215591_1390506_n.jpg

Here is a wing

19366_108283695850083_100000053581085_215590_950539_n.jpg

Tom

Well,,, its' been a while,, but as I post,, fin can is being glued. I have all the centering rings cut, putting a 54mm motor mount in and will use an adapter for 38s. Wings are in place, bomb and cockpit should be glued on this evening. I don't know if the decals will be ready for RG8, but the Atomic Geehod should be there,, probably naked,, but be there anyway.

Tom

Well,,, its' been a while,, but as I post,, fin can is being glued. I have all the centering rings cut, putting a 54mm motor mount in and will use an adapter for 38s. Wings are in place, bomb and cockpit should be glued on this evening. I don't know if the decals will be ready for RG8, but the Atomic Geehod should be there,, probably naked,, but be there anyway.

Tom

I'm trying but that's a tuff one to do. I pretty much have to redraw it.

Some of the progress,, with the Gee Hod for scale.

Fin can

ry%3D400

With air frame slid on,

ry%3D400

Tom

Heard from Gordy,,, upscale "Atomic" Gee-hod decals are done,, should have early next week,, hope to have it done for RG8. :clap: Thanks Gordy!!

Tom

Got the decal set Monday,, Thanks Gordy,, Looks bad butt. I have a lot to do for RG,, Hoping to get both birds in decals,, but have a ton of stuff to do yet. My trailer manufacturer screwed me over big time,, so I still have work to do to get trailer ready.

Thanks again Gordy.

Tom

OK,,,

I have the decals from Gordy,,, in his instructions for installing them,, he says to use Micro set and Micro sol,,, anyone in the Baltimore metro area know where I can get those? I can't find them. I do not do water slide decals, how imperative is it to use those products?:confused2:

Thanks,
Tom

OK,,,

I have the decals from Gordy,,, in his instructions for installing them,, he says to use Micro set and Micro sol,,, anyone in the Baltimore metro area know where I can get those? I can't find them. I do not do water slide decals, how imperative is it to use those products?:confused2:

Thanks,
Tom

Tom, it's not real critical. I have a bunch of it but I can't ship it. Well I don't know how to ship it. it requires "has met" or something.

On really old decals you really need it but on new ones you really don't.

OK,,,

Thanks,
Tom

I don't know Baltimore much at all but most LHS's that have a strong interest in models (cars, ships, military aircraft, etc.) will probably have it in stock.

Back