At the Wrong Desk...!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steward

Reaction score

I should be at my worktable sanding my 24mm Big Bertha...
instead I'm sitting her on the computer...

Even my wife has said... "you'd get more done on your rockets, if you spent the same amount of time working on them instead of being online talking about working on them"...LOL

Three down... three to go...!!!
Steward

I feel for you. Right now I'm thinking about possibly starting work on taking out the trash. Good luck to you!

Right now, I AM at the right desk. The glue is drying on my Quest DC-Clipper, so there isn't much I can do to it in the meantime. Once it's dry, I'll be ready to go back and resume work!

WW

Yes... It's nice to know that we can support each other at different times and needs...!!!

Now she thinks I've really gone over the edge...!!!

LOL

BTW... I have finished up the BERTHA and primed her...
and got the base coat (white) and the first part of the finish (yellow) on my new 24mm FATBOY done today...

That will leave me with the CHEROKEE D and GOBLIN clones as all thay's left... for now.... (have a BINDER DESIGN Excell waiting...!!!)

Man... I really botched my ALPHA3 this morning... I thought I'd clean it up and repaint it orange... As I proceded to pull the factory decal off... the top layer of the tube came up with it...!!!
I'm not sure of the options I may have here...
I did think of just covering the body tube with a clear contact paper...
What's the chances of actually sanding this one out...???
either way... it's more work than I really planned on doing...LOL
Steward

I've also had moderate success with using some very thin sanding sealer, then a VERY fine grade of sandpaper (800 grit) to smooth it out.

WW

Back