AT Mustang...with a touch of orange

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RevKeith

Reaction score
My first mid-power kit, the AT Mustang, is finally completed! About all you have to do is shake the box good and it comes out built! Very easy assembly and I built it stock with CA. I did want to stay with the standard finish but also wanted to add a little touch of something different. Orange is my favorite color and it went well with the white paint and black/gray decals. First flight is scheduled for this Saturday, Jan 10 at the SEARS572 launch. Next in line is a AT IQSY Tomahawk.

Keith

P.S. - BTW, for all my friends in the Great, White North it hit 79 degrees today and we have the AC running. Its been this way for the last week in South Georgia.

Looks great Keith
the orange really does look good on her!
whit the added visability,,it deserves an F motor launch or better yet G!

Dude she is beautiful. Being a Mustang fan I must insist, first flight with an E18. The bird was made for the E18. Then load her up with an F or G, just make sure you have the binoculars out cause she screams. :)

Oh, and don't forget the launch pics.

That looks Sweet! I am building mine right now, and I was planning on some orange for those high flights.

Great job, Keith.

The orange is a nice touch. Different than any I've seen.

The Mustang is a beautiful flyer and even looks fast sitting on display. The E18-4 is a perfect motor and will allow you to see the entire flight. The F20 is also a great motor. I've never been brave enough to slap in a "G" although the word "screamer", I'm sure, is appropiate.

My resolution for this year is to be more adventurous in rocket/motor combinations. In other words: MORE POWER!!!!

Swimmer, the AT motor matrix shows E18-7?

I just ordered my very first pack of E18-7s with RMS hardware for my Mustang, I hope I didn't buy the wrong thing..

Maelstrom,

Flown my Mustang many times on a E18-4. No problems, yet.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

Swimmer, how much does yours weigh? That may make the difference in construction materials(glues, epoxy) and finishing.

Maelstrom,

Sorry I didn't get back to you very quickly but I wanted to be sure to tell you how much my Mustang weighs. It weighs 12oz. My experience with E18's is the 7's may be a little too long for my Mustang and ejection may occur too close to the ground. The Mustang may be ok on a 7 second delay on a low wind day. Now, the F20-7 has been a good choice for me.

The matrix also says a D12 is acceptable but I won't fly my Mustang on one.

I would be glad to hear how your Mustang performs on the E18-7.

And, you can't buy the wrong motors. Just build a rocket that will fly them.

Mine is 11.5oz.

I have launched it twice on E30-7s and it was great, I'm so glad I got the advice from you guys to make it my first mid-powered rocket. Thanks! :p

Absolutely perfect! The E18-4 was the ideal motor. My first mid-power flight and my first reload. Thanks to Swimmer for the motor info and to Greg Lane of SEARS572 for the help with my first reload. Sorry, no flight pictures just one of it sitting on the pad.

Keith

Back