AT Mustang & First reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maelstrom

Reaction score
Big fun! This is one of the 3 times I launched my Mustang today.
I launched my Deuce too but did not get a goot shot..

Wow...nice shot! By the way the flame and smoke are shaped, it looks like an upscale Mustang or something riding on a J motor. It also kinda looks like you shortened it a coupla inches...it seems fatter than normal!

Jason

Maelstrom,
Is that at Great Meadow?
Man I wanted to go, but I'm on the midnight shift and I woke up way later than I had intended. I had too much to do at home. errrrrr
Great shot!

no way man i was at great medow yesterday. im going to the next sport launch in june. hope to see you there.

edit: after refering to the picture im guessing that WAS at great medow, and after hearing about your rocket lineup im gonna guess you were the guy selling stuff. i got your buisnuss card.

Haha, yep, Great Meadow. And I'll be trying to go again in June as well.

****, that was a little absent minded of me not to include details..

The AT Mustang is standard with no modifications.

The motors were E18-7 reloads. The 7 second delay made for some, err, exciting moments waiting for the chute to pop. I think in the future I'll go with the shorter delay. :D

BTW, those motors are surprisingly loud for an E, very cool.

Other notes:
-There were 2 CATOs, thankfully not mine.
-And 1 spectacular lawn dart off of what looked like a Team America practice/tuning flight, from really high up. I'm not sure what was left of that one, really a shame...
-Rob Edmonds was there too, unfortunately an unexpected ejection charge wrecked a large RC glider he launched.

Rich
Vertical Force Rocketry

hehee that team america lawn dart was awsome. i saw them get the altimeter back but thats it.

I have a Mustang ready to go. I painted mine yellow. The AT white and gray did not seem like a good choice for a high flying small rocket. White and gray are too much like the clouds.

I have some E16-7's ready, then F40-10, then G80-10.

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Big fun! This is one of the 3 times I launched my Mustang today.
I launched my Deuce too but did not get a goot shot..

I *saw* that Mustang last saturday. *Verrrry* cool. I want one.

Did you see my Deuce take the clip whip with it to ~50 feet? One of the igniters shorted. Howsabout my Nomad where the lower stage didn't separate? Thing flew to ~100 feet and landed by the cars. I'm specializing in low-altitude Flis Failures these days.

Regarding VFR: Any plans to carry aerotech? Howsabout Edmonds gliders?

Thanks on the picture, it takes a little practice to get good ones.

Hey, that nomad landed on my car I think! hehe And I didn't see your Deuce take the clip whip but my wife did.

I have not contacted Aerotech yet to find out what kind of minimum order I'd have to make. Same for Edmonds. I can not yet carry a large inventory.

Man, the next time you guys are out if you see me come say hi! I didn't realize there were other Northern VA guys in here. I hope to have a Cosmodrome Nike Smoke painted for the next one. And, of course, I'll be launching my Mustang again, I love that rocket. The yellow looks good on the Mustang too by the way.

Originally posted by Thrasher
then G80-10.
Then a tracking device. The 'stang will be a tiny dot after you push the button on the G80. ;)

Wow! What a pic. great job. I also opted for a custom paint job on my stang. I went with a yellow/purple fade. I'll post pics soon. I launched it with a E18-4 for my first launch and was near perfect. great motor for smaller fields. I then used an F20-7 and man did she rock. Unfortunately my pic didnt capture the launch. I plan on a G motor next but didnt decide on which one yet. Anybody got a good suggestion? Anyway great job.

I lost my Mustang on a F-21. It was up about 2500' and the upper currents delivered to the evil trees. If your going to use a G-80 put it up on a horse shoe streamer and you may get it back.

The G80 will be the last flight of the series. I will use the E and F motors that I have because I know that I may never see it again on the G80. I have a big field too.

i had a mustang and shot it up many times, course eventually the trees got to it when it was on a G-40. i didnt paint it white and gray though... i live in charlotte, N.C. and at the time of me building it the Panthers has just got in the super bowl so that jus kinda stuck and i had a blue black and silver rocket with the panther logo renamed "the carolina panther"

Back