AT Motors at Hobby Emporium

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamart72

Reaction score
I was at the Hobby Emporium in Tyngsboro MA yesterday. They just moved to the north side of the mall directly across from their old site. They have a brand new shipment of ATs : F25s, F40s, G80s, and F20s. The still have a NCR Phantom 4000 starter set too at $164.

Lamar

Originally posted by jflis
but not a FlisKits kit to be found... :p
That seems odd... I thought MA would be your stomping ground...:confused:

But imagine my excitement when I was at XPRS in the Black Rock Desert and Just Rockets had a HUGE display of Fliskits...:p

Cool stuff!

i know, i can't believe they dont stock flis. those kits RULE. after seeing them at CMASS, in the words of will smith "I GOTTA GET ME ONE A THESE!!"
no mention of E30's though huh? shipping fees are KILLING me.

Originally posted by r1dermon
...no mention of E30's though huh? shipping fees are KILLING me.

PM me if ypu can get to somewhere around Hartford. I serve as a remote agent for Hangar 11.

I have about 10 E30s on hand.

A

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jflis
but not a FlisKits kit to be found...

Jim,

Have you tried to talk to the owner about carrying your kits?
They expanded everything else but their rocketry section.

Lamar

oh, he an I go way back. there was a time when I would spend $2000-$4000 a year in his shop.

Apparently the FlisKits line doesn't offer a large enough discount for him to be interested in our line. He also didn't seem terribly impressed with our product.

Feel free to ask him about it though :) They all know me down there, that's for sure!

jim

Jim,

I think i know the type of guy you'd ber dealing with at that shop.

The owner of my local hobby shop wasn't too interested in Fliskits either...not because of the quality...because he tells me that the ATF is going to outlaw model rockets by the end of the year so he's getting rid of everything rocket related.

I just turned around and walked out.:mad:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it pisses off the pig!"

Originally posted by sandman
Jim,

I think i know the type of guy you'd ber dealing with at that shop.

The owner of my local hobby shop wasn't too interested in Fliskits either...not because of the quality...because he tells me that the ATF is going to outlaw model rockets by the end of the year so he's getting rid of everything rocket related.

I just turned around and walked out.:mad:

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it pisses off the pig!"

Hmmm, does anyone in the Dallas area know if Texas R/C Modelers sold all their rocket related goods because they thought the ATF was going to outlaw model rockets? I was quite disappointed when I was about to check out the PML kits I thought they offered :(

TEXAS R/C changed ownership. The new owner simply is not interested in the rocketry market. That's all there is to it.

I hear the folks at Hobby Emporium are the unfriendly lot... one of the reasons I never made the trip down there to check them out. At one time, they were working on becoming an Aerotech High Power Dealer... I wonder what happened with that endeaver?

I wouldn't call them *unfriendly*, but I will say the "sale is everything", which doesn't appeal to me. My experience is that the employees are fantastic, down to the core.

They used to carry AT SU motors heavily years ago (back when they were in NH and shortly after they moved to MA.)

In fact, when they decided to get out of the composite motor business, I bought them out of all their SU motors (D - G)

I was talking to Al a while back and he told me about their move across the parking lot and that they were going to start to carry AT again, but didn't go into detail.

well, they used to carry many composite motors, but after AT went under a few years ago, they havent had a single composite motor in there. i went in there in june though and asked them about aerotech motors and they said they had placed an order in october, and they still hadnt been shipped, so he was waiting on those. apparently though, he only ordered limited 29mm motors, no 24mm motors at all. he also told me that he couldnt get a LOC aura for a month and a half if i placed the order today. mostly they carry estes and quest, with some LOC and aerotech products. so far i've found no other place around with their rocketry selection. if anyone could inform me of a good source for aerotech, LOC and all that jazz, please post it or PM me. im salivating for a LOC aura.

I stopped by Hobby Emporium again tonight and talked to the Owner - Arthur. He said that he will start carrying LOC and PML kits, parts and accessories soon. I told him that there were a few of us in the area that would buy kits, motors and accessories from his shop if they were available. He has to have them on his shelf for us to see and buy them!! He still has F25s, F20s, G40s, G80s and F50s and a 29/120 RMS case. If you go, tell him you read about it here on TRF. I am sure he would be more willing to invest in some inventory if he knew there were plenty of rocketeers to sell to.

Lamar

yeah man, i JUST got back(bought a sizzler for CMASS) and he had a ton(6-7)G80's sitting on the wall, G40's too. i was surprised, because i had called the other day and he said that they only had 32mm...? he's also got about 5 packs of econojet F20's. 27 bucks per pack, and 20 bucks for the G40's and 80's. next time i'll definately mention TRF, and how many people would be willing to buy from him.
i've seen LOC there for a while...like the norad, and aerotech too, the mirage and the initiator are there. expanding his line is a must though. lol.

Back