At last! New pics...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewEntity1

Reaction score
This being the first morning I've had off since Sunday (I work this evening though), I finally got around to uploading a few more pics onto my desktop. I've not uploaded them to my website yet, though.

In this attachment, Your can see the my Bertha mod after adding primer, standing next to my Big Daddy...

Here is a tiny airbrush I bought on Tuesday, hoping it would help me with painting. Despite thinning the paint as per directions however, it didn' spray the silver cromium paint too well.

Here is the finished product, opened up to show my custom recovery system attachments. I found out the snap swivel was to small for this chute's shroud lines, but the smallest quicklink was too large and heavy...so I used a keyring instead.

The silver section of the rocket needs to be repainted :(

The lighting isn't great...it won't get much better either, until I can get a new camera with a working flash.

The finished rocket weighs 4 oz, approximately. After stuffing the chute in, I'm afraid it may be a little tail heavy :eek: Furthermore, the chute fits in the body tube a little too...snugly.

Adding nose weight would fix the CG; however I may have to switch to a smaller lighter chute, just to avoid a core sample.

Maybe what I'll try doing is this:

Instead of wrapping the heavy LOC shroud lines around the chute like is done with Estes chutes, I'll just stuff the shroud lines and the elastic into the lower body tube, then stuff the parachute itself into the upper body tube. Above the coupler :D

Kewl pics NE1! I wanna see more!

I learned a new technique when packing a 18" X-form chute into a BT-60 with little space, on my FK Praetor. What I did is folded the chute normally and then instead of wrapping the shroud lines around the chute, I accordian folded them on the side of the chute.

HTH,
Jason

New Entity,

Excellent pics man!!! You did really well and I think you are gonna like that airbrush. Keep em coming and we're glad to see you're having fun!

Carl

Back