At last! My Orion is done!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanel

Reaction score
After months of burnout, I have finally finished my clone of the Centuri Orion. Wraps are from Ebay (very brittle and easy to break due to age), the decals are by Excelsior, and the parts are all Semroc.

Cannot wait to fly this puppy!

Orion.jpg

After months of burnout, I have finally finished my clone of the Centuri Orion. Wraps are from Ebay (very brittle and easy to break due to age), the decals are by Excelsior, and the parts are all Semroc.

Cannot wait to fly this puppy!

You've recreated a classic and done well.

Be sure and post flight pics!

Beautiful - absolutely beautiful!!!

Does Carl (Semroc) have the parts pack for this, already aligned? Or did you have to put the order together from individual pieces?

Last edited:
That's a greta looking rocket and really well finished. well done - how does she fly?

Where at Semroc are the six smaller n/c's? I see on the parts pack the large one, but not the six smaller ones.

Also, did you cut the fins by hand or did Carl have those as well?

The pod cones are Semroc BC-710.

The fins are laser cut: FCE-KC8

You gotta love the folks at Semroc - they make it very easy for geezers like me to recreate the birds of the past :D

Last edited:
Just an unimportant FYI thing on the fins....Orion fins are the same as Taurus fins. Athena fins are the same as Centurion fins. Carl had them available for a while as Taurus and Canturion fins and later put them in the system with the Orion and Athena names to make it easier for us geezers to figure out. :)

Just as a point of clarification, Vanel's link to the BC-710 takes you to the 510s instead. The correct ones are the 710s, as he mentioned.

Back