AT L-1000 DMS – flying case with a nose cone and 4 fins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome to hear Justin. Planning on some good video? Love the oned on your YouTube channel. The Wildman Mach 3 was pretty kick butt. Good luck on the flight.
Truth be told, unless someone else is on site and willing to video these, I want to watch them (and not through a viewfinder for once). :cool:

42 up here today.
And sunny, quite nice outside actually! I ducked outside between Zoom meetings to lay down some primer. Like the snow mound in my yard for scale?

Carbon finned fin can will be black, fiberglass finned one will be green. Upper airframes and nose cones will be left primer only for expediency.

Resized_20210223_103433_8757.jpegResized_20210223_104042_7640.jpeg

And sunny, quite nice outside actually! I ducked outside between Zoom meetings to lay down some primer. Like the snow mound in my yard for scale?

Carbon finned fin can will be black, fiberglass finned one will be green. Upper airframes and nose cones will be left primer only for expediency.

View attachment 452022View attachment 452023
I got a rocket that is getting a make over going to give it some paint today.

Wonder if the reduction in insulation would cause the black rocket's propellant to heat up more in the sun before launch resulting in higher pressure? Would be very interesting to see data from the flight to see if you got any extra performance by preheating the rocket.

Truth be told, unless someone else is on site and willing to video these, I want to watch them (and not through a viewfinder for once). :cool:
Try to organise a competent photographer on the day so you can concentrate on the flight. They will need to be competent to get it in the frame at the rate it will accelerate :cool:.

Good luck with the flight!

Last edited:
OP ...... Are you a college student that is competing for the cup.?? Or is there a general public launch as well.??

So I guess there is a launch in combination with the competition.
There is indeed a two day launch in conjunction with the competition. The Argonia Cup teams will have two pads reserved for them. Range times haven’t been set yet but I expect it to be 9AM to 5PM daily.
All TRA and NAR members are invited to join us.

Negative... Saturday March 27, 2021, Argonia Cup Competition/KLOUDBurst 29.

Coming up sooner rather than later, 2021 is ripping by thus far... :)
CRAP! I can't make it. Be sure to have multiple cameras on it. Including the NASA tracking 500mm motorized cameras. 😁

View attachment 452022

Oof you guys got that much snow? We got about 8-10 inches at max in our area in St. Louis. I didn't really pay attention to accumulations much more than hour east/north of us.

This sun is nice, though. You're doing a great job with your project, Justin. I won't be at Kloudburst but hope to run into you again in the near future!

I just want to throw in my good luck on the flights. Those birds came out awesome, and I'm looking forward to living vicariously through the flight reports.

Back