AT L-1000 DMS – flying case with a nose cone and 4 fins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have good news, and we have bad news. You all with have to pardon my brevity, it has been a LONG day. Super proud that both flew bullet straight, neither shredded, so we know the constructions was up to par on both! :music1:

Bad news is, both are currently MIA and cant pick up a tracker signal on either. I lost tracker signal on the way down on the carbon one, unknown as to why. The fiberglass one had signal for nearly minutes after apogee, but could not be picked up again later in the field.

These things hauled, straight and fast... Bit of a sigh that I cant find them... I'm rather tencious about finding things that are MIA, but had to give up once the sun set... What a great day though regardless...

Crappy that you can’t find them, but awesome they held together!!!

If you couldn't see them and can't find them, how do you know they held together?

But - sure hope you do find them and they are intact. Awesome build thread.

If you couldn't see them and can't find them, how do you know they held together?

I would say that if the rockets flew straight while under boost and tracking smoke, which are a visible phases of flight, you can reasonably infer that they held together.

You may have experienced otherwise (in which case I'm sure it's an interesting story and I'd like to hear it), but you'd have to admit that such an occurrence would be fluke-ey and weird.

Good luck finding them, Justin! You've got the got the collective conscience of your supporters behind you. And hopefully some volunteers at the launch 😁

@GRIFFIN tells me that @UPscaler found the carbon finned one, or at least what's left of it. The word on the street is that it appears to have lawn darted, and to add insult to injury, was subject to a controlled field burn.

@GRIFFIN will send me a pic or two here in a bit. If I see (4) fins attached to a burnt carcass, I'll be "happy" at this point... :)

Best,

Back