Quantcast

AT H999 Warp-Nine propellant static test video request

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Reaction score
Does anybody have a video of a static test of an aerotech H999 motor with warp-nine propellant?
Slow motion if possible but regular motion also good. A link to an existing video that is not your site also counts, because I can't find one. If anybody has one I would be very thankful if you could post a link or the video on this thread.

SDramstad

Reaction score
I dont have a video but that is my favorite load of all time. One big WHAm!!!! and its gone......

found this

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't have the flame super visible like a static test would, but it's still interesting how far it drifts up after the "blast". AWFUL sound though.

SDramstad

Reaction score
Its a great sound! Fire one off and it gets everyones attention. The video doesnt really capture the affect because of the wind noise. On the ground there is this loud noise and then silence as the rocket keeps going up..... If you want to see the flame you will need a high speed camera.
.3 seconds of burn and its done

Reaction score
I've never heard one so I wouldn't know. I was talking about the video because there's all the wind sound and some weird sounds as the rocket lands.

SDramstad

Reaction score
I have a 38mm rocket that I fly h999s in fairly frequently. Better then 100Gs of acceleration for 3/10s of a second. It just disappears... I call it Houdini. Hits over 5000 feet on that load

heada

Reaction score
Any of the Warp9 reloads are impressive. From what I remember, there isn't much flame or smoke and the burn rate is so high that the only way you'd get it on video is with high-speed. Normal cameras, even recording at 60 FPS, would only capture 20 frames of burn. If its the standard 24 FPS setting then there'd only be 8 frames of burn.

If you're willing to pay for the load, I have a H999 reload and could record it at 1080P 60 FPS.

Reaction score
If you're willing to pay for the load, I have a H999 reload and could record it at 1080P 60 FPS.
heada, thank you very much for the offer but I am a bit of a cheapo and I don't know how to send money over the internet so I can't do that for you.

JDcluster

Reaction score
How about a K 1499?
First flight of my Nike Tomahawk boosting on one.
Upper stage never lit due to staging electronics issues.
NikeTomahawkK1499.JPG

3stoogesrocketry

Reaction score
Go on YouTube. Look up aerotech consumer aerospace. They have a static test video of a warp 9 98mm 2 grain L4200

Reaction score
My question was whether or not a different photo I had seen was actually warp nine as the propellant type flame drawing guide thing done by apogee looks very different and yet the caption said the photo was of a warp nine motor.

tfish

Reaction score
I found it using google search. No clue who's photo it is. I do happen to know the guy where the photo is linked to.

Tony