At F72-10?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
According to my demo version of RockSim, there is a 24mm F72 AT engine out there. Is this a reload or a single use motor? Are they available anywhere? I'm having trouble finding further information.

(You see, I put together a rocket on RSim that achieves a maximum velocity of 1183 mph on an F72-10, so now I want to build it and try it.)

Oh, it's out there! I tried to fly one last season in a mach buster. Cato'd on the pad. The longer BT SU's seem to have a higher CATO frequency than other SU's.

Woulda been cool had it worked! AT did an outstanding job with the warranty.

F101T is faster though;)

OMG...you guys are animals!!! Oh yea...and coming from me, that's a compliment! :)

Carl

Yup, my friend had a F72 CATO on the pad with his estes python. I believe it is from the longer phonelaic (sp) tube compared to the diameter. The walls of the motor needs to be thinner to fit the most porpellant in, and due to the length of the casing, the middle of the motor is very weak (and often CATOs).

Hmmmm....

A VUL G200-12 has a maximum velocity of 1576.75 (which is about *mach 2*) and a maximum accelleration of 3102 ft/s/s, maximum altitude on the rocket of 3798 ft.

I wonder if you'd hear a sonic boom on a Mach 2 rocket..... :D

We had an old F55 18mm Blue Thunder motor fly. No idea where the guy got it, but it sure was a hoot to watch go!

Mach 1 at 75', Mach 2 at 150'! It was AMAZING how fast it went, to about 5000' due to the trail off of the motor, and then he found it! Amazing flight.

My fastest flight was the rocket that CATO'd on the F72. It's first flight was on an F101T. Best 24mm Mach Buster motor, and my gosh that thing warped out! Punched right through the 3000' cloud deck, and landed about 100' from the pads, it was nice:)

Holy @#@$##$%^&#!!!!!

How much do you want for it?!?!!?;)

I'd buy it and let er rip in a heart beat, holy cow!

Sorry man, those things are not certified... ;) and I think they only made a few of them. I guess you can call those motors a controlled explosion. I would love to see the thrust curve on one of them. If you fired that motor… and it catoed… imagine how much energy that motor would give off…

I'd drive ALLLLL the way to Maryland to fly it! It'd be worth it.

Does anyone have the thrust curve?

Originally posted by Fore Check
Hmmmm....

A VUL G200-12 has a maximum velocity of 1576.75 (which is about *mach 2*) and a maximum accelleration of 3102 ft/s/s, maximum altitude on the rocket of 3798 ft.

I wonder if you'd hear a sonic boom on a Mach 2 rocket..... :D

Without sounding too harsh, mach 2 is 2246 FPS. Yer a little off:p That would be about mach 1.4-1.5 at most.:rolleyes: My MB1 could get mach 1.75 on a J570:D (all according to Spacecad... I still ahve to make a rocksim file for it...)

Neil while youm may be correct you must remember units. He is talking MPH here. Mach 1 is about 750 MPH making mach 2 about 1500MPH FPS is something completly different

at least this is how I took it otherwise yeah neil is proababy right I am not sure about FPS

Yeah, the velocity I quoted above was in MPH, not FPS. Easy mistake, though, because the accelleration is in FPS^2.

I guess they carry F101s at my KC hobby shop... They had a card saying "ATF101-10" on it dangling on the rack. Might be fun to have for a MB.

Mach 2 yeah you would hear a SB as it broke M1, but not at M2. I think.

Just a quick conversion hint. Take your fps number and multiply it by 3,600 then divide the answer by 5,280. This gets mph. You can do the inverse of this to convert mph to fps. Or in algebraic form:

(3,600x)/5,280=fps to mph

(5,280x)/3,600=mph to fps

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
I guess they carry F101s at my KC hobby shop... They had a card saying "ATF101-10" on it dangling on the rack. Might be fun to have for a MB.

Mach 2 yeah you would hear a SB as it broke M1, but not at M2. I think.

i dont think you would hear anything

Back