AT Crossloads 98MM in CTI case

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ether

Reaction score
Looking to use AT 1G 98MM reloads in a CTI 98MM case.

From this post, seems like the AT seal disk that one is supposed to use will not fit. Cannot find AT instructions on putting 98MM reloads into a CTI case, unsure if i need to get CTI seal disks to make the crossloads work in 98MM case.

reached out to AT and still waiting for a response.

https://rocketrycenter.com/showthread.php?tid=840&pid=5001#pid5001
anyone have experience with 98MM crossloads in CTI cases?

Thanks

The AT seal disk is thicker than the CTI phenolic washer. Either save the disk from the K1620 or shave 1/16" off the liner and use the AT disk. If it won't fit diameter wise, it's a tolerance issue. You can also leave 1/16" of threads exposed on the nozzle end retainer nut. Most Aerotech motors are NOT certified in CTI cases but most CTI motors ARE certified in Aerotech cases.

Mostly interested in 1g reloads and good portion of those are certified on cti cases

Wish AT would be more upfront on the need to modify their grain / liner (as you say that is needed) of their Crossloads to get them to work with cti cases

Every time I cross loaded a CTI motor into my AT cases, I’ve had to leave out the spacer orings. Heck, I’ve had to leave them out on a lot of AT loads too. Always worked great.

Back