AT 38mm MD fwd closure, which one?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banzai88

Lvl 2, Wallet..even more destroyed
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm generally a CTI flyer, but I've lucked into a fair bit of Dr. Rockets 38mm hardware recently. I thought that I'd go ahead and set up my Go Devil that I have for flying the AT cases.

I see pictures and references to AT threaded forward closures. Is this the one that I need? It seems a little short, and not at all like the longer ones that I've seen.

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Rocke...ndburn-Style_Forward_Closure_Plugged_Threaded

192d39e0c7991a5c8426fb7df03521e4.image.320x320.jpg

Where can I find this one in the US? What words do I use to find it on someone's web store?
38-tapped-closure.jpg

Please point me in the right direction!

Last edited:
Hi Tom,,
The tapped forward is IMHO the most useful..
I never use motor eject,,
with the tapped enclosure I can use that for harness retention...
Here's one--

https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ProductDetail.aspx?product=1992

They're pretty easy to find,,
I think all of the Aerotech hardware dealers carry them...

Teddy

The tapped enclosure is plugged,,
you cannot use it for ejection...

The first one he posted is also closed and has an internal thread, the difference is it is designed to be used without the delay element.
So you can not use it with a delay element. This has the disadvantage that you do not have tracking smoke.
As Apogee states it is especially for endburning motors like I49N and I59WN, if you check the assembly drawing you see the difference:
https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/c...wgs/38mm_hp_rms/38-360/38-360_i49n-p_assy.pdf
The second one is the normal threaded closure you will mostly find.

Last edited:
The proliferation of closures, in my opinion, is the worst part of the Aerotech system.

Who knows which does what? I mean, if you line them all up I could figure out each of them. But there was no good reason to make it so complicated, and coupled with perennially outdated catalogs it is tough to be sure you have a complete list.

Thanks, everyone. I got the right one.

I would think that AT would have a decently updated web site or catalog. Not being able to understand their product due to lack of up to date documentation is what drove me to CTI to begin with.

Not being able to understand their product due to lack of up to date documentation is what drove me to CTI to begin with.

Please, highlight this fact and drive it home.

I have no idea why Gary does not take this more seriously. I have to assume that he is blind to business lost. For every one of the complainers like me, I have to assume that there is at least one of you, silently taking your business elsewhere.

+1

I bet with all the IT professionals on TRF that some one would be willing to update their catalog in exchange for reloads.

Back