Astrosmurf Project

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montaro

Reaction score
I'm still working in my Mercury Redstone Project, but i was working in parallel with the Astrosmurt Project, I start to build a prototype to see if was feasible, but i colored with sharpie marker and i was very happy with the result and i will let it as final version :D.

In the open rocket the stablily is 0 Cal, but few days ago i read a thread about high drag desing help to get stability and the astrosmurf desinged his rocket with alot of drag, so i performed the swing test with A8-3 Motor i seem very stable, so i change to B6-4 and still stable, finally i try with C6-5 and still stable. :eek:

The first fligth i use the motor A8-3, but cause the high drag it hasn't time to deploy the chute, fortunatelly has just a little damages, that was repaired in 5 min., then we flew it whit a B6-4 motor, the launch was great !!!

My 6 year old daugther loved it and has the idea to load his Smurf plush, i told her we'll do it after the test flights and i told her that it'll be in freefall, so she told me, i have an idea we can put it a parachute to have a slow fall :y: the kid's mind don't have limit, we used to limited them. the more experiences they have more ideas they have, i'm a very proud daddy :D

So the smurfed flight is scheduled for tomorrow with the whole familly !

o.k. less bla bla bla and morre pictures and videos

ASSP01.JPGASSP02.JPGASSP03.JPGASSP04.JPGASSP05.JPG

Last edited:
ASSP11.JPG

Engine: A8-3
Apogee (m): 12
Speed (Km/h): 120
Burn Time (Seg): 0.6
Peak Acceleration (g): 20.7
Average Acceleration (g): 5.9
Coast to Apogee time (Seg): 1.5
Apogee to Eject time (seg): N/A
Ejection altitude: N/A
Desent Speed: 14
Flight Duration: 5.5

Engine: B6-4
Apogee (m): 35
Speed (Km/h): 104
Burn Time (Seg): 0.9
Peak Acceleration (g): 9.8
Average Acceleration (g): 3.2
Coast to Apogee time (Seg): 1.8
Apogee to Eject time (seg): 1.6
Ejection altitude: 28
Desent Speed: 19
Flight Duration: 9.2

[YOUTUBE]PCd1qpPsAwI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
With tears of joy & laughter in my eyes as I type. I almost had to pick myself up off the floor when I saw this! I love it! Keep building and flying.

I never liked the smurfs. In fact, I'd say I've always strongly disliked the smurfs (though I honestly can't say why). But I absolutely love that rocket. Great job.

I agree. Great job!

Wonder how it does with a C6? :)

I already did it

Engine: C6-5
Apogee (m): 83
Speed (Km/h): 130
Burn Time (Seg): 1.8
Peak Acceleration (g): 8.2
Average Acceleration (g): 2
Coast to Apogee time (Seg): 3.2
Apogee to Eject time (seg): -0.3 Sec
Ejection altitude: -4