Astrobee D decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zippy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a scan of Aerotech's Astrobee D decals? I just got a slightly smaller Yank 'D and they inexplicably do not include decals with the kit. Don't they know that rockets cannot possibly get off the ground without decals?

zippy

I might as well use this thread as a pictorial for progress on the model as long as it's here...

Here is the Astrobee D in it's first coat of primer. The little white bundle of string under the yellow kevlar 'chute pad is what Yank thinks is shock cord. Next to it extending out of the airframe is 3/4" tubuler that I had and barely visible at the top of the airframe is the end of a yellow kevlar shock cord protector I also had. I'm going to tie Yank's cord to my cord so I have about 15'. Covered in tape at the buisness end is a 29mm SlimeLine retainer.

astrobeed01.jpg

Joe,

Thats a nice offer, but I would be putting one over on you if I let you send me free decals. The kit is a Yank not an AeroTech. I'm looking for a scan so I can scale it down to fit the smaller Yank model. AeroTech's Astrobee D decals are the only source I know of so far, I'd create my own from scratch but I only have blurry pictures of the real thing. Actually all I really need to know is what it says inside the red G.

Thanks,
Zippy

On the center part of the letter G it says "General Tire"

Inside the letter it says Aerojet General.

Here it is finished. I made the decals from scratch and they look allright when not imaged with a cheap web cam although I think I scaled them a tad bit too small. They are printed on repositionable bumper sticker stock so I can allways replace them with no problem. No sense of scale in the pic but it's 54" tall, I should have stuck a Coke can or a yard stick in the image. I'll fly it next month on an F40.

astrobeedbig.jpg

That is a great looking Astrobee D. I went out and bought 3 Yank kits. A BBX, a Sandhawk and an Astrobee D. I've put the BBX together already and am already to start the Astrobee. Where did you get the decals?? Did you make them yourself?

Eric F.
Virginia Beach

Joe, thanks.

Eric, yes I made them myself using pictures of the real thing and the information Joe gave me. I think I made them slightly to small but I'm happy with them. I put them in a zip file below if you want to use them for reference or as is. AeroTech also sells their decal sheet but it's about $14 plus shipping and a bit larger in scale.

https://mysite.verizon.net/hoyworld/progpics/astrodecals.zip

Zippy

Thanks,

I need to figure out how to transfer them to a decal. I have never really looked into that.

Eric

Try Bel for decal paper and directions. I used leftover bumper sticker stock myself becouse I allready have it and my budget has cato'ed buying rocketry stuff.

Zippy

Back