Aston Constellation - mini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prowler901

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just completed the major portion of my mini Constellation from Sandman. I think she's turning out pretty good. Very nice kit by Sandman (of course ;) ). I was wondering if anyone new of where to find a pic of the decals. I've checked JimZ, but I've not seen them there yet. Perhaps I missed them. He's got a ton of stuff there. :) Thinking I'll paint it red, black and white.

Regards,
Todd

Thanks for the info Sand. I may have to create my own then. The resolution on that gif is terrible. No biggie. I'll just have to use some of my artistic license on it :D

Todd

OK...here ya go.

It took me a while to get everything together.

Man, I love this new camera!!!

From left to right they are:

Thr red one is an "Original" Astron Constellation picked up at a garage sale (car boot sle to our Brit friend) Notice that the tube has been shortend:confused: That's the way I got it for a quarter!

The next one is my 1X (normal size) clone with a D-13 decal set from JimZ.

The next and in the foreground is my "Mini" clone.

And the Big one is my "Upscale BT=-56 sized version.

I am currently...not high on the list...but maybe soon...I'm going to be building a BT-70 sized 4x24mm engine clustered version.
NO, NOT A KIT!

sandman

You can find them on JimZ's plans site. Here is the direct link to the Constellation K-35. Them resize them per Sandmans sizing.
https://www.dars.org/jimz/k-35.htm
Sandman thanks again for the Quad kits, and your time in doing all the "behind the sceens" to get them together. The kits look great, and I think it was a great idea to put all the kits decals on one sheet. You got me started on down scaling.

KOOL! Skydart!

I hadn't thought about THAT one!

How about the scissorwing as a downscale?

sandman

Sounds cool Sand. Nice picture too.

Mike thanks for the link. that helps a ton :)

Regards,
Todd

Nice rockets Sandman, but the picture poses a question. Are you going to build a 1/10 Redstone, or Atlas, to go with that G.I. Joe capsule?

Prowler...I missed the pic!

That looks sweet!

Every once in a while...don't know why...I like to see one stay nakkid.

Just give 'em a couple of coats of clear dope.

sandman

Thanks Sand :)

Hmmm... well, I'm gonna paint this one. I really like the white body with the red and black features. :)

Todd

mikeyd,

My daughter gave me that for Christmas. She found it on Ebay. Isn't it cool???

She suggested the same thing. LOL!

sandman

Hey Sand,

I copied the decal sheet from the link that Mike gave. Then I reduced them to 66% in Paint Shop Pro. I printed up a test sheet on regular paper and cut out one of the wrap around decals to test the fit. It comes up too short by about 5/16". Are you sure of that reduction percentage?

Regards,
Todd

My bad...I wasn't thinking clearly I guess.

Original body tube is a BT-50 (.976" in diam) the new body is a BT-20 (.736" in diameter) soooo....736/.976 = .7541 or 75.41%

I was thinking of the Astron Space Plane I guess.

OK try a hair over 75%

sorry

sandman:rolleyes:

Way cool -

I have my mini Constellation ready for building now that TangoPapa came through with the downscale decals.....

I'll get picks up in a few weeks after I finish my current "project".....

Back