AspireONE- New Kid on the block

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your thinking is correct but unfortunately not that easy practically. 3D printing tolerances is not that great specially across long linear surfaces. I need to leave a 0.5mm gap between the fin slide and the tube silde to make site the two parts fit properly. So if there is not retention screw in place the fin with wiggle. The fin won't carry must force in that direction. So nylon screw will work fine. But even metal M3x5mm machine screw is minimal.
I realize that, and the reason I gave advice was because I've done it before. (I can give you my CAD file and you can print it, its quite snug but nothing a little sanding wont help) It locks into place, and i can slide fins right in or out, having less hardware the better your adoption rate will be, because the less work people have to do to get a working rocket, the better. If you have to go out and find some obscure nylon or metal screw, its gonna discourage people from making your product. It's really not that hard to 3dmodel a slot feature without wiggle, you can even overdo the tolerances and just use sandpaper. Also, its really easy to overtighten screws in 3d prints, plus it lets you change fins in the field without having to fiddle with the stupid super tiny flathead nylon or metal screws.

Jip Certainly worth a try. the first version of the rocket ( In the video) the fins are printed in place. and Ill be very surprised if that can break as if tried adding reasonable pressure and dont think they will break very easily. I geuss its a choice of swopping out the entire motor/tube assembly or just the fins. adding the removable fins does add additional weight. since the fins printed in place is mostly infill instead of 2 or 3 layer finished walls

Gahhhhhhh Why am I constantly being moderated ? so annoying
Not sure what you mean by being moderated. I haven't seen anything about deleted posts or you being warned about what you post.
If you mean people posting about what you plan to do and how they think something will work better based on their experience, that's just people trying to help you.

Just keep complaining about being moderated, the help will stop fairly soon.

Not sure what you mean by being moderated. I haven't seen anything about deleted posts or you being warned about what you post.
If you mean people posting about what you plan to do and how they think something will work better based on their experience, that's just people trying to help you.

Just keep complaining about being moderated, the help will stop fairly soon.
You are misinterpreted that completely, when I first posted photos the system would automatically keep removing them. Not sure why. That's all.

Thanx for the chirping in

You are misinterpreted that completely, when I first posted photos the system would automatically keep removing them. Not sure why. That's all.

Thanx for the chirping in
Sorry about that, as I said, I wasn't sure what you meant. That would really be frustrating. Not sure why that would be. Did you message the moderators and ask?

Sorry about that, as I said, I wasn't sure what you meant. That would really be frustrating. Not sure why that would be. Did you message the moderators and ask?
No it eventually was succesful. Ya this thing being weird. Not sure if it's my phone or forum. It says Not succesfull when I post but when I refresh it posted.

Back