Arts Telemetry System

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent

Reaction score
Does purchasing the Arts Telemetry system with the RX-900 receiver and the TX-900g Transmitter w/GPS come come with everything to track and locate a rocket? Basically would I just have to install software and connect a cable to my laptop or is there other stuff that I would need.

It depends. My dad and I downloaded Visual GPS to use with it and that works great. All you do is connect the reciever to the laptop with RS232 or USB.

Ben

Thanks Ben. I was looking at the PDF on line but I was not sure. Do you have an antena on the transmeter? I think it will be my next purchase.

Thanks Ben. I was looking at the PDF on line but I was not sure. Do you have an antena on the transmeter? I think it will be my next purchase.

if you purchase the ARTS telelmetry it comes with everything but batteries. Antenna, TX, RX, manuals, (some) software, and mounting hardware. All you need is a cable for the laptop.

Ben

Hello. I am having some trouble receiving information from my ARTS TX-900G. It seems to be transmitting but no information is being sent to my computer. Does any one have any suggestions on what the problem might be.

Open visual GPS

Click "connect to gps"

Click "connect using serial port"

Make sure the number indicated is 9600 (baud) and click ok

You should start recieving satellite info

Any luck?

Other things to consider (don't take offence)
-batteries in receiver box
- a switch for the circuit board is connected or a wire bridging the switch ports is in place
- the red "transmitting" led is active.
- you have a power supply to the gps
- the gps unit is outside with the antenna exposed to the sky

Back