ARTS 3

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just what makes me want to buy an ARTS3 if i already have some ARTS2 altimeters???

There's an extra pyro channel, for airstarts etc. I think it would also light a second-stage motor, right?

I emailed Erik @ Ozark about new product offering as I'm considering the ARTS 2 as my next altimeter. I aim to get into airstarting at some point and would like a third integrated pyro channel and ARTS 2 provides only two.

Currently have a perfectflite MAWD but I want to record acceleration & speed for my Highway Star with Warp 9 loads.

Erik indicated they are always working on new product but will not be introducing anything new for a while.

So right now it's a toss-up between an ARTS 2 + g-switch/timer, 2 ARTS 2 or and R-DAS tiny.

G-Wiz: I've read some negative comments regarding customer support of their previous gen stuff so I'm wary of their product.

I would get an ARTS2 AND Rdas. I like them both and I don't own an RDas but its on the list next. I have2 ARTS and they are great.

Ben

Ozark Aerospace had a production sample at LDRS. It will be better than ARTS2.
It does have 3 channels, USB download port, longer record time.
Same form factor as 1 & 2.

Available some time soon ( so they say)...

I lost an ARTS2 due power loss & non deployment.
I'll replace it with a 3 when available.

JD

I guess I'm waiting on an ARTS 3 then. Was the ARTS 3 bigger, smaller, or the same size as the ARTS 2?

I guess I'm waiting on an ARTS 3 then. Was the ARTS 3 bigger, smaller, or the same size as the ARTS 2?

You may want to check out the Parrot altimeter if you're not aware of it. Comparing it to the ARTS2, it's less than half the size, it has 3 fully programmable outputs vs. 2, it has better accelerometer resolution and a wider allowable acceleration range, records a lateral accel channel, continuity, deployment logic measurements, and temperature in flight, has longer recording time, 5 flights rather than 2, built in battery and charger, on-board arm switch and USB output. Both have easy-to-use, GUI-based interface programs. The ARTS2 costs $30 more than the Parrot. To be fair, the ARTS has a telemetry & GPS module available (for $400), and a handful of other features that the Parrot does not. But if you're looking for a 3-output accel-and-baro altimeter with USB output, you don't really need to wait for the ARTS3.

Joe,
I told you the minute I would buy the Arts2 the Arts3 would come out. I guess I will just wait till the Arts3 is released and get the gps unit as a package.

It has been almost a year since I started this post but is there any new news on the ARTS3?

I asked Eric about it & he didn't say either.

That's ok, it takes some time to work out those gremlins

JD

I always wonder when to buy. I have been waiting for the arts 3 to buy, but it has need a long wait.

Back