Article: Daily vitamin might help reduce memory loss.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm convinced our modern diets are f'ed generally. Talking heads talk about how we've gone from everyone struggling to get enough calories to the biggest problem being fatness, but the number of people who immediately lose a bunch of weight without any additional effort when they simply cut processed crap out of their diets is at least worth noticing. Like all of them that I know about.

I like those miltivitamin protein drinks. Chocolate or strawberry. They were very practical when I was a gym rat (cheaper than typical protein shakes and easy to carry in a bag) and I still drink them once in while. The best time is right after a workout or bike ride.

I like those miltivitamin protein drinks. Chocolate or strawberry. They were very practical when I was a gym rat (cheaper than typical protein shakes and easy to carry in a bag) and I still drink them once in while. The best time is right after a workout or bike ride.

Agreed. Premiere Protein chocolate shakes are awesome.

I've been taking a multi-vitamin and B complex daily for years. RDA amounts of a lot of different vitamins.

The best thing about my memory loss is you guys get to recycle the same jokes, and it's all hilarious again!

While cooking with my wife she became fustrated at my forgetfulness and how she can recall details, dates, etc.

Using a large metal mixing bowl I compaired it to our brains. Imagine every memory as being like a marble.
My bowl (brain) is overflowing with knowledge, memories, details, (marbles) and so when a new bit of info comes in it either bounces off and is lost or it forces some other memory out. I'm just so packed with knowledge.

Your brain however is like this empty bowl, when a memory comes in it doesn't have to compete it just rolls round and round ready for you to retrieve it.

I had take-out that night.

I call BS on that one. Been taking a multi vitamin since i was in my early 30's and I can't tell you what I had for breakfast 3 hrs ago :)
There are ample options to create mush mind that overcome any benefit from a vitamin. Genetics and other recreational products can destroy memory.

"Rocketry is really good at helping to keep the mind sharp imho."

Walking out to the launch pad
Turns around, walking back from the launch pad
(Forgot to glue the launch lug on)
Friends laughing.

5 4 3 2 1 launch!
Whoosh!
Pop!
Thunk.
(Parachute melted because forgot to put in the wadding).

Not me, but a friend:
5 4 3 2 1 launch!
Nada.
2 minutes later:
5 4 3 2 1 launch!
Still nothing.
"Oops, left a spent motor in"
(Chuckling inside, controlling my laughter).

natural memory loss is something that in later stages of life just occurs. A friend of mine who is 69 years old takes 10 vitamins every day and i always just shake my head as they're not going to help them at all as he has six stints in his heart, and is 80 to 90 lb overweight,so that's his big problem.

If you like music, play Heardle decades.

https://heardledecades.com/
You might not improve your memory, but you will have fun.

Actually, you will improve your memory. Music therapy, playing songs from a person's life, can help greatly improve memory. Well proven and used in many hospitals as part of therapy for ageing patients.

3...2...1...Launch!

wait... did I turn the altimeter on???

"Rocketry is really good at helping to keep the mind sharp imho."

Walking out to the launch pad
Turns around, walking back from the launch pad
(Forgot to glue the launch lug on)
Friends laughing.

5 4 3 2 1 launch!
Whoosh!
Pop!
Thunk.
(Parachute melted because forgot to put in the wadding).

Not me, but a friend:
5 4 3 2 1 launch!
Nada.
2 minutes later:
5 4 3 2 1 launch!
Still nothing.
"Oops, left a spent motor in"
(Chuckling inside, controlling my laughter).
So staying home watching TV is better since you usually don't forget how to operate the remote? 😆

Wait... where's that damn remote?

So staying home watching TV is better since you usually don't forget how to operate the remote? 😆

Wait... where's that damn remote?
*Which one*??

There's the one that came with the TV
The one for the cable box
The one for the surround sound
The one for the Fire Stick
The one for...

Oh heck, I'll just read a book. No remote needed.

I posted this as food for thought type of thing. I am a skeptic. Then again, people who take vitamins tend to drink and smoke less. They also tend to eat better and take their medication. I think you might see a trend here.

I take a multivitamin but see my memory fading. Not sure if it is having any effect.

One thing that I noticed about Prevagen commercials is that none of the people on the commercial can remember how long they have been taking it. "I started taking it a couple years ago" If it works it should be "I started taking it may 7th 2019 at 10:07 am"

As I've said before, Prevegin works! Everytime I hear the commercial come on, I remember I left the living room and didn't mute the TV

As I've said before, Prevegin works! Everytime I hear the commercial come on, I remember I left the living room and didn't mute the TV

I am not sure which one I despise more Prevegin, My Pillow, or those darn Ballance of Nature commercials. They rank right up there with Kars for Kids.

Back