Art Applewhite - Cinco Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should mention that the .pdf prints the motor mount undersized, a 29mm motor will not fit (printer set at 100%).
But a 24mm motor fits nicely. This is the perfect rocket to use up my old E9 motors. If it blows and takes out the rocket, just go to the post office and pick up a new box and build a new one.
Anyway, launch today.
0626210713[1].jpg

Thin tape on the motor end to create a flange, then tape wrap around for retention.
Nice slow liftoff. Corkscrewed but I don't think that was the rocket, the motor exhaust sounded sputtery.
vlcsnap-2021-06-26-11h43m17s579.png
vlcsnap-2021-06-26-11h44m09s319.png
😁

Nice shot! I'm amazed at what flies well sometimes! That looks very much like the field @rklapp flies from. (sidebar alert...) My wife says you folks are getting overwhelmed with tourists as the coronavirus threat wanes. I thought, "I have aquaintence with folks on the ground, I'll ask!"

Yup, Ron and I launched a few today.
Tourism and everything else is gradually getting back to normal (more or less).
You only have one life, better live it right?

Thanks, my good fellow, indeed it's true! I've been to the Islands once, for a job on the big island at Hilo. Didn't get to see too much but had a day to run up and go through the volcano park real quick. Kept waking up at 3;00 in the morning (East Coast US guy...)! I hope to get my beloved over there once I'm retired and we can finish getting ourselves back in shape.

Back