Art Applewhite - Cinco Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Art Applewhite's Cinco is a cool, saucer design. I have still not built the original but I did build the 38mm version. Its nice to be able to satisfy an HPR itch on smaller fields and this rocket fits the ticket.

I call mine the "Sky Shark" and have used the iconic image from the cover of Jaws for the artwork.

My TRF thread for the Sky Shark is here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=385

The albums are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/collections/72157607423934540/

sky shark 1.jpg

Sky shark 2.jpg

SS-f1b.jpg

SS-f1c.jpg

Last edited:
Art offers a 13mm version of the Cinco for free download on his site. I used the dowlowded files and added a bit of artwork to produce a little rocket that I could fly at demos in tight areas, like my church parking lot.

This one does not seem to have a thread in either the archive of here on TRF.

It has a minimal album on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/23694...l]31484[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]31485[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Welcome to the Art Applewhite Cinco Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Applewhite Bic Cinco and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Art Applewhite Rockets: Cinco (13mm):
Art Applewhite Rockets: Cinco (38mm):

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Art Applewhite 13mm Cinco Basic Information.

art_applewhite.gif
Art Applewhite Rockets

Cinco (13mm)

NUMBER

Introduced: 2005
Final Year:
Designer: Art Applewhite

Type: Oddroc, Saucer
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Aerobrake
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

applewhite%20-%2013mm%20cinco%20-%202010%20web%20livery.gif
Art Applewhite 2010 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Art Applewhite 38mm Cinco Basic Information.

art_applewhite.gif
Art Applewhite Rockets

Cinco (38mm)

NUMBER

Introduced: 2007
Final Year:
Designer: Art Applewhite

Type: Oddroc, Saucer
Motor Mount: 1x38mm
Recovery: Aerobrake
Stages: 1
Length: 6"
Diameter: 11"
Span: 11"
Weight: 4.2 oz.

Mfg. Description: Recommended motors: Any 38mm G, H or I motor with an average thrust between 50 and 250 Ns. This kit can be built in a few hours using white glue and a sharp craft knife. This five-sided flying saucer's "low and slow" ascent makes it perfect for small field and windy days. The foolproof aerobrake recovery system ensures this rocket descends slowly and safely and lands close to the pad every time. (Art Applewhite 2011 Web Ad)

applewhite%20-%2038mm%20cinco%20-%202009%20web%20livery.jpg
Art Applewhite 2009 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads
kaycee

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back