Arrival

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
Anybody going to see it today?

[video=youtube;ZLO4X6UI8OY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLO4X6UI8OY[/video]

Last edited:
I won't be able to see it for a few weeks, but it looks like a good movie. Early reviews I've read of it were pretty good.

I haven't heard much about it, but the clips I've seen have piqued my interest.

Just got back from seeing it.
So, I'll post no spoilers here, or review links - and suggest we let everyone go in with an open mind when they see it, so to speak.

It was artfully done, the approach to the contact with an alien life form was kind of interesting from an artistic standpoint.
(I like Zen art).
I had sensed a couple of Terrence Malik moments near the end.
I don't particularly like overly narrative films and prefer a film that provides an experience and require you to draw conclusions.
There was a degree of real strangeness to several scenes and the difficulty in confronting an alien intelligence and the problem with how to deal with the communication problem was handled well enough.

This film relied heavily on some dislocated flashbacks in the storytelling, and if the goal was to put our Newtonian concept of cause and effect in juxtaposition with quantum theory as a an undercurrent to how we experience reality and time, well, it did that.
I have to say I was lost in the end, I kind of felt like.......where am I in this movie?

First thought was that Intersteller did what they were trying to do a tad more effectively.

arrival-poster-russia.jpg

Last edited:
I saw it with my 13yo son yesterday. I enjoyed it. I do think it's one of those movies that you can watch a couple times and pick up more of what's going on each time you see it.

Back