ARR Rocketbux Gift Certificates!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rejma0415

Reaction score
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now that the Christmas Season is in full swing, I made up some very nice ARR gift certificates to give to your rocketry buddies and wives who don’t know what to buy you. They are “gift ready” and are full color laser printed on heavy parchment card stock. They are good storewide and are sold for less than face value and the discount increases as the denomination increases. Gift certificate orders are on my specials page and the deadline for Christmas delivery is 12/18/10 so check ‘em out! You can either get a mailed one and you can sign it and give it as a card or stocking stuffer, or I can prepare a serialized one as a PDF and you can print it yourself.

Happy Holidays!

Randy

www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com
[email protected]
813-484-1298

I was set to order several Rocketbux gift certificates a few days ago--and then I read the fine print--They expire 90 days after purchase--and must be bought thru PayPal. I thought 90 days was a bit soon as an expiration date--and I do not use PayPal. Too bad--looked like a great deal with a 17% discount for a $100.00 Rocketbux. Also. given the 90 day limit--the "No Refunds" part did not thrill me.

Last edited:
OK feedback noted.. I just didn't want to sit on someone else's money for 6 months, and I certainly have no intention of keeping something that isn't mine. :) I just wanted them to be used relatively quickly after the holidays, which would put it around March or so. As far as the Paypal thing goes, that again is no problem. The only reason I am doing the Paypal thing for these is for tracking purposes. I serialize the gift certificates with the Paypal transaction ID and it is my way of verification of purchase. However, I certainly can keep a separate sheet of people who wish to purchase via Visa / MC over the phone and track it with some other unique ID. I actually save money by NOT using Paypal, so I welcome direct phone / e-mail orders for these as well. That, in a nutshell is the method to my madness. If it's 100 days, no, I'm not going to keep your money. :) I encourage you to give it a shot, I think the certificates came out real nice and I think it's a nice way to do something different. I hope I've answered your concerns and I look forward to serving you!

Sincerely,

Randy @ ARR

Hi Madsen,

I thought about this again after my reply.. You mentioned you don't use Paypal. I'm assuming you mean you don't have a Paypal account? That's OK, you don't need one to checkout via Paypal. There are two buttons on the shopping cart:

1. Check Out
2. Check out with Paypal.

Just click on the first one and put in your cc info to pay.

There is nothing to register or sign up for.

As far as the expiration, if someone wants to change their mind or sit on a gift certificate for 6 months, ARR will refund it minus PP or CC transaction fees. Not sure why anyone would sit on Christmas cash for that long but since someone asked.. :)

So no more excuses! :neener:

-Rrrrrandy

Hi Madsen,

I thought about this again after my reply.. You mentioned you don't use Paypal. I'm assuming you mean you don't have a Paypal account? CORRECT!.

Just click on the first one and put in your cc info to pay. YOU STILL DO NOT GET IT--I HAVE NO CREDIT CARD--I AM POOR--I SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON ROCKETS AND MOTORS.

As far as the expiration, if someone wants to change their mind or sit on a gift certificate for 6 months, ARR will refund it minus PP or CC transaction fees. Not sure why anyone would sit on Christmas cash for that long but since someone asked.. :)

THAT IS NOT WHAT YOU SAY ON THE GIFT CERTIFICATE--MAY I QUOTE: "GIFT CERTIFICATE EXPIRES 90 DAYS FROM DATE OF PURCHASE. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. NOT VALID WITHOUT VERIFIED PAY PAL RECEIPT ID".

I CONSIDERED PURCHASING $300.00 IN ROCKETBUX SO MY SON COULD PURCHASE A 5 INCH INTIMIDATOR. YOU DO NOT SHOW IT IN STOCK CURRENTLY--I ASSUME THAT WILL CHANGE. ONE GOOD REASON TO WORRY ABOUT THE 90 DAY EXPIRATION WOULD BE BECAUSE THE ROCKET PURCHASE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST $25.00 IN CHANGE--DO I THROW THAT AWAY IN 90 DAYS? ALSO, HOW LONG BEFORE YOU GET A 5 INCH INTIMIDATOR IN STOCK? CURTIS IS KNOWN TO TAKE YEARS TO DELIVER.

So no more excuses! :neener: YOU ARE STICKING OUT YOUR TONGUE AT ME? AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Madsen,

I changed it on the certificates and updated the website weeks ago. Again, I have no intention of keeping anyone's money..Geez! :) Even if I did, you have theft and fraud protection from your credit card issuer and or Paypal.

-Rrrrrandy

Anyone who has ever dealt with Randy at Always Ready Rocketry understands his knowledge, integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction. All you ever have to do is drop him a line or pick up the phone and call him. He will always communicate with you and bend over backwards to do anything for his customers.

Thanx Ernie! That's very nice for you to say, but now my feindish plan to steal everyone's money has been foiled!

{rubber mask pulled away:}
"Look, it's old man withers from the amusement park!"

"and would have gotten away with it too, had it not been for you meddling kids!"

...(I've always wanted to do the Scooby-Doo ending on a discussion thread..) :eyeroll:

-R @ ARRrrrrrr

www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com
[email protected]
813-484-1298

Back