ARR releases Blue Tube 2.0 and 7.5" size too!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rejma0415

Reaction score
ARR is proud to release Blue Tube 2.0! Stronger, more resistant to humidity and warping! Now available in 7.5" as well as offering full length couplers for sale! Results of humidity testing and info on VF available too!

www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com/products/bluetube2.0.html

Also, on a personal note, my first Blue Tube rocket takes to the skies on 98mm power to 5,143'! Go to ARR's home page for details, photos and videos. Main chute tangled at 500' and the rocket came in without a scratch! 10 feet, 6 inch dia, 18 pounds dry, 27 loaded w/ a 2 grain 98mm L1500 Blue!

www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com

Stock arriving in 7 to 10 days! Preorder now or from your nearest dealer at www.whatsyourrocketmadeof.com!

Sincerely,

Randy
[email protected]
1-813-484-1298

Nice to hear! I'm deciding what I want to order now. I need to rebuild my 54mm rocket, but that 7.5" tube is really tempting me. :)

A question was posted to me the other day so I thought I would share my response. (Original question posted below)

Well if warping were to occur, it would be most likely to occur ONLY in the area specified in the drawing here. (See URL below) Keep that area as short as feasible or double wall the affected area and you will be fine in any climate.

www.alwaysreadyrocketry.com/overblown.html

There will be no warping in any environment or climate in any other area of a typical rocket made of Blue Tube, even the original version. It’s been pretty frustrating, because I have sold a thousand tubes and have only exchanged 5. Just proves the point that bad news, however insignificant, travels 10x faster than good news. People don't seem to realize that there are pros and cons with every airframe material. You want strength without the weight of fiberglass, the cost of carbon fiber or the brittleness of phenolic, or the mess of glassing, this is the product, and it's the only non fiberglass or non carbon fiber based airframe that has gone mach 2+ without shredding, ever. The copycat product is far more hygroscopic and doesn't have the shear strength either. That's why Phenix Tube doesn't use cheap electrical grade fishpaper. It doesn't meet the military spec for the ordinance.

Sounds like it’ll rip! I look forward to serving you.

Note to other guys:
Blue Tube 2.0
"Patent Applied For"

Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:26 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Heat Issues?

Randy,

Just read up about the new version of Blue Tube and had a question. With the old stuff does the warping only occur in humid environments? I held off using it after hearing about the warping issue since it sounded like it was heat as well as humidity and I fly mainly in the summer in Central Washington when it is hot and at Blackrock where the bird generally sits out in the sun a lot! The new stuff sounds like it ought to work great. I still intend to build a 4" bird with 75mm hole and hammer it with a 7600+ ns load!

Thanks,

Lou

Back