Argonia hostel?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbr

In Remembrance 2023
Reaction score
what would people pay if there were a hostel available in town to stay for the major launches like airfest?

this means you would have to provide your own bedding
it would be segregated with different male/female rooms
I'm guessing it would be limited to 5 to 10 of each sex
it would have heating and air conditioning, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms (his and hers)
I'm guessing the price would be $20/night which would save money and travel to hotels many more miles away

there is the possibility to get in on the ground floor and be a co-owner which includes a key and free to stay whenever for your family

I like the idea but wonder if it is practical to set up such a facility that will be used only at launches, essentially--once a month?

$20/night for 50 people for three nights is $3000 gross per launch. Out of that comes initial purchase price, utilities, general upkeep, management (unless you live in Argonia and plan to manage the facility yourself). I don't know much about the different expenses but would a gross of about $36,000 a year be worth the investment in money and time? Someone more business-savvy than me would have to address that one.

Best -- Terry

what would people pay if there were a hostel available in town to stay for the major launches like airfest?

this means you would have to provide your own bedding
it would be segregated with different male/female rooms
I'm guessing it would be limited to 5 to 10 of each sex
it would have heating and air conditioning, full kitchen, 2 bathrooms (his and hers)
I'm guessing the price would be $20/night which would save money and travel to hotels many more miles away

there is the possibility to get in on the ground floor and be a co-owner which includes a key and free to stay whenever for your family
I appreciate the thought, but it is a solution looking for a problem (for me personally at least). While I can afford to do so, I prefer to patronize the hotels in the area that have been there for years.

Just my .02

Just chumming the water to see the interest, I doubt it happens

Back