ARG Black Brant IV

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonypv

And so it begins...
Reaction score
I picked this up at NARAM, having never built an ARG (Advanced Rocketry Group) kit I decided to give it a try.
I was very pleased with the quality of the parts and the attention to detail. There are 18 laser cut parts for the fins!
The instructions were good and the kit went together easily. The white stripes are vinyl and the decals were thin but went on without any trouble.
This kit flies on 24mm motors D's and up.
I will be getting another ARG kit in the future.

Black Brant IV 1 sm.jpg

Black Brant IV 2 sm.jpg

Blank Brant IV 3 sm.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is one gorgeous rocket, Tony. I have had a BB III from ARG sitting in my build pile for the past couple of years, but after seeing what you did with your BB IV, I have been inspired to move it up in the queue. ARG advertises on their website that "We are not just Black Brants!" but who wouldn't be immediately attracted to the line of beautiful Black Brant kits that they sell. I like the looks of their Millennium and Trident series of sport rockets, too.

MarkII

Looks super! I'm a Black Brant fan, so I gotta check out their website. Thanks for posting and the heads up!

I'm with Mark--I have (6) of their Brants aging in the build queue from the EMRR challenge last year, though most of the kits weren't available until NARAM. The bags felt a bit heavier than I would have expected, and seeing that detail I suspect I'm going to have to grab one and put it towards the front of the line. Sad to say, though, I'm just about to the point where I have to think twice about building a mid-power, having run out of room for storage.

Got to fly the Black Brant yesterday.
I used a D12-5. It was very windy and on boost it went with the wind instead of into the wind. This made for a longer recovery walk.

Black Brant IV 1otp sm.jpg

Black Brant IV 2lo sm.jpg

Got to fly the Black Brant yesterday.
I used a D12-5. It was very windy and on boost it went with the wind instead of into the wind. This made for a longer recovery walk.

Beautiful build on that model!

Back