Are you ready for the holiday sales?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big box arrived today! Kitten approves! Looking forward to unpacking and doing a dry fit a bit later.
IMG_0340.jpg

A big thank you to @WILDMANRS!

Unboxed and dry fit the Ultimate Wildman! It's too tall to stand upright in the house! Shown next to my 3" Punisher (my previous certification rocket) which looks tiny in comparison. Maiden flight and level 4 (Canadian equivalent to level 3) certification will hopefully happen in early September. I'm planning to do a build thread for it over in the HPR forum.
IMG_0357.jpeg IMG_0367.jpeg

A big thank you to @WILDMANRS!

Unboxed and dry fit the Ultimate Wildman! It's too tall to stand upright in the house! Shown next to my 3" Punisher (my previous certification rocket) which looks tiny in comparison. Maiden flight and level 4 (Canadian equivalent to level 3) certification will hopefully happen in early September. I'm planning to do a build thread for it over in the HPR forum.
View attachment 502840 View attachment 502841
Looks like a lot of fun.

Question for @WILDMANRS or anyone with experience flying Wildman Ultimate kits. What size for eyebolts/u-bolts/quick links, etc is most appropriate? Is 1/4" sufficient or should I go with something bigger?

Question for @WILDMANRS or anyone with experience flying Wildman Ultimate kits. What size for eyebolts/u-bolts/quick links, etc is most appropriate? Is 1/4" sufficient or should I go with something bigger?
I used 5/16” u bolts which were likely overkill but weight wasn’t an issue to me. 1/4” quick links

E581B5A6-26F6-4058-9A8D-6D6DB7C440C6.jpeg

In the Ebay and Nosecone bays, I used 3/8"-16 U-bolts on my DS Ultimate build, but that was overkill. I just happened to have the 3/8" bolts and plates on hand from another build. In the upper CR ring, I used 5/16" welded eye-bolts I got from Teddy at Onebadhawk when he made the bridle. I have 6 flights on the rocket now with no issues.

http://www.mountainmanrockets.com/i...uilds/6-inch-wildman-ultimate-darkstar-build/

Finished the Punisher Sport today.View attachment 501342
On the rocket rack in the garage ready for the next launch.

View attachment 501343
Next up: 3" Punisher with reverse color scheme. Should be a visually fun pair.

Looking forward to launching both at an upcoming launch. There is a J135W in the 3" Punisher's future - 6.8 sec burn, apogee at 6,300 ft.
IMG_7429.JPG

From Open Rocket: mass with motor 7.92 lbs, velocity of rail 23.6 mph. It'll go up on a low wind day.

Anyone else having trouble logging into their Wildman account? It looks like they added Captcha security to the login and when I click on the pictures and hit verify, it just keeps recycling to a new Captcha without logging in. I tried a couple different browsers and cleared my cache, but still getting the issue. Wanted to see if this was a problem other people were seeing before I try more trouble shooting, thanks.

Anyone else having trouble logging into their Wildman account? It looks like they added Captcha security to the login and when I click on the pictures and hit verify, it just keeps recycling to a new Captcha without logging in. I tried a couple different browsers and cleared my cache, but still getting the issue. Wanted to see if this was a problem other people were seeing before I try more trouble shooting, thanks.
Yes, very yes, persistent issue it seems.

I understand the need for merchants to secure their websites - cybersecurity is extremely important. But, Captchas are horrible, especially the image ones. There has to be a better way.

Latest posts

Back