Are you ready for the holiday sales?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, a HUGE thank you for putting this sale on. Picked up recovery gear for my 2.6 Competitor I previously ordered and one of your mini Intimidators with Dual Deploy. I hope my eyesight holds out to build the av bay on this one! Saving money is always good in this hobby, and I am grateful for this opportunity. I hope you kicked ass in sales yesterday!

Ultimate Darkstar 😁

Dude, how could you NOT!? $425 (members) $450 (non-member saturday) was an untouchable price!!!

Have you thought about motors yet??

That kit is such a good L3 kit because you can fly it on the baby M1297W or go all out on a full house 98mm load.

It was actually $475 (member) plus $94 shipping. Looking at an M2100G as my first choice - at 30ish lbs dry (per the RockSim file) I don't think it's going to leave the pad fast enough on the baby Ms. I only did some sims with 98mm motors - M1340W is only going 35 f/s off the rail. Of course, those are preliminary numbers before I even have the kit in hand. Then it's weigh, measure, and make a final motor decision. The cost of the reload is likely to be the same as the kit...

It was actually $475 (member) plus $94 shipping. Looking at an M2100G as my first choice - at 30ish lbs dry (per the RockSim file) I don't think it's going to leave the pad fast enough on the baby Ms. I only did some sims with 98mm motors - M1340W is only going 35 f/s off the rail. Of course, those are preliminary numbers before I even have the kit in hand. Then it's weigh, measure, and make a final motor decision. The cost of the reload is likely to be the same as the kit...

I picked up an M4500ST on Wednesday for $386 which is a heck of a price. It would toss that Ultimate up there right quick. ;-)

M2100 green is also a great choice!

The M1297 on the other hand is a stout motor with a very stout first 1.5 seconds. It averages over 360lbf for the first 1.5s before trailing off. Peak is 460lbf!

I’ve flown my Ultimate Wildman on an M2050. It was plenty of thrust. The Darkstar won’t be appreciably different.

I have flown my Darkstar Ultimate on an M1780 and an M2050 - love both those motors. The M1780 would make a really great cert flight to about 5000 feet.

Mine is right at 41 pounds dry weight, for reference.

Just chomping at the bit to build...

I am too, and I still check for a tracking number every few days. To be honest, it doesn't matter. The kits I ordered could come tomorrow or could come in April and they'd still sit in the shed for a little bit before I start them. I'm a slow builder and easily get sidetracked with other projects I want to do. 😬

Not trying to be impatient, but.... I'm impatient.

@WILDMANRS Question: If our orders did NOT contain any motors, can we maybe expect shipment a little sooner than the AeroTech motor lead time of many weeks? Just chomping at the bit to build... :)
I might be able to get yours next week .

I am too, and I still check for a tracking number every few days. To be honest, it doesn't matter. The kits I ordered could come tomorrow or could come in April and they'd still sit in the shed for a little bit before I start them. I'm a slow builder and easily get sidetracked with other projects I want to do. 😬
Same here possibly next week

Y'all backoff. Tim is waiting with bated breath to assemble my orders!

Please get in line.

Thank you. 🙃

😇

May I suggest we all be patient. I am blessed I have an entity I can rely upon to indulge me in this hobby, and am grateful when my order appears on my doorstep. Remember the days we cut out the order form from the Sears Roebuck catalog, filled it in, cut the check, stuffed it in an envelope and had to wait 6 to 8 weeks for delivery? Amazon has set up some pretty unrealistic expectations for small business. So many challenges, starting from fulfilling a wonderful, sizeable amount of orders (I am honored to be among them), then dealing with the current shipping crisis, holidays be damned. We have plenty of time to build and prep before the upcoming launch season. I have plenty on my bench to keep me going until my black Friday order arrives. I'm guessing the rest of you do, too. Tim, bless you and the rest for keeping this hobby alive and moving in a positive direction. I look forward to receiving my recovery gear and intimidator mini dual deploy whenever the hell it gets here. I'm still working on the 2.6 rocket I ordered before, and based on my experience thus far, the quality of your efforts are well worth waiting for.

No rush for me, just wanted to show some solidarity and hopefully get a time frame

I assumed when my order went in that everything was in stock. I'm fine if there's a lead time, even if the lead time is unknown. Just would be nice to know. A little bit of info goes a long way

I'm not in a rush either, and I certainly have no intention of seeming impatient or anything... I'm fine if there is a lead time on items in my order, but as RocketScott said it would just be nice to have a rough time frame.

No rush for me, just wanted to show some solidarity and hopefully get a time frame

I assumed when my order went in that everything was in stock. I'm fine if there's a lead time, even if the lead time is unknown. Just would be nice to know. A little bit of info goes a long way
yours is waiting on the Aerotech delay tool and aeropack.
I don't know how much plainer we could have made the preorder sale .I am sorry for any confusion.
We have not received one item off of our holiday order yet from Aerotech, CTI Aeropack ,Sky angle .
Thank you
Tim

I don't know how much plainer we could have made the preorder sale. I am sorry for any confusion.

Y'all were very clear about the conditions. ZERO apologies required... seriously.

On the contrary, it is I who should apologize for starting this little spate of inquiries. 🤐😊
Along the lines of what others have said....

But for this sale, I would likely not have gotten back into the hobby this year.... or maybe ever.

Thank you, Tim! :cool:😁👍

I was just thinking this morning that I would have to put a Darkstar picture in a big box to put under the tree. No big deal! I knew what I was signing up for when I put in my order. Then, I opened my email and saw that my order had shipped. SPECTACULAR!!!
Thank you, Tim, Jackie, et al.
Looking forward to some Janga at URRG!
Matt

Just a question. If I just ordered an aerotech 38/720 combo, will it not show up in my order history until it is shipped?

Back