Are the Aerotech DMS Thrust Ring Advisories Still in Effect?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe the problem is solved. I’ve only flown one H219T-14A DMS motor this year. It worked as advertised. They’ve included more washers and more of what appears as 3D printed thrust rings on more motors over the years. Don’t fly the motor if it lacks a washer as it fails to motor eject.

If the problem has been solved, Aerotech should have updated the advisory. Not sure what you mean by "washers".

We get rebranded DMS motors here (they’re Aerotech but branded SouthernCross Rocketry)

I’ve flown 29mm DMSs (3x G80 and 2x H125s) and they’ve all been fine.

If the problem has been solved, Aerotech should have updated the advisory. Not sure what you mean by "washers".

It’s a thin metal disc that goes into the ejection charge well. All the newer DMS motors ship with it by default. You put that in, the powder charge, and a red cap. Otherwise the internal pressure variations causes the ejection charge to not eject the recovery system without a washer.

I have not had any problems with the new thurst ring that is now used on the DMS motors. Yes forsure use the washer in ejection well. I just hope flyers are aware of early DMS thrust ring problems. We all know flyers still have the old style thrust ring motors in their motor inventory.

They leave the advisory up in case someone happens upon an older motor with the glue on thrust ring.

I believe the issue has been fixed if you get stock from shortly after the announcements.

Latest posts

Back