Are people seriously hoarding toilet paper? I thoght t was a joke until I got a tet asking if I had

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering; what happens to the pipes when all this TP finally gets flushed/

Well went out for the first time in 8 days early this morning. Made a run to Kroger to get groceries and pickup a prescription. Two things that were definitely not there, antiseptics like alcohol and hydrogen peroxide, and toilet paper. I really should have taken a picture, but in the paper products aisle, instead of TP, they had stocked it with Frito-Lay product. Not sure why? But then, thinking about it, for certain Frito-Lay offerings, there may be an application... Could Scoops get the job done?
fritos-scoops.png
Well, certainly safer than

GUEST_01e022b6-111e-4295-aa34-a99ff7f8ee38

The domino effect has stopped with us. We never needed to 'absorb' this behavior with other epidemics/pandemics, we're NOT starting now.

It was a very quiet Wednesday morning in September, 2053 when Jeremy, an ordinary rocket plane pilot, got up from his bed with a need to go to the bathroom. To Jeremy this wasn't just any ordinary day! This was the day he would use the last roll of toilet paper his grandparents bought in the year 2020

I saw a video where a father calculated a family of 4 that bought the costco limit of 4 toilet paper cases would have to sh*t 45.5 times per day each @ 20 sheets per sh*t over a 14 day quarantine period ton actually use that much

I saw a video where a father calculated a family of 4 that bought the costco limit of 4 toilet paper cases would have to sh*t 45.5 times per day each @ 20 sheets per sh*t over a 14 day quarantine period ton actually use that much
Isn’t that a load of crap.

Just had a homeless person knocking on my car window begging for toilet paper (surprisingly they had some at Menards so I bought a package). I probably would have given them a couple of rolls if they were asking while I was walking in the parking lot and before I put it in the trunk, but this person had their face right next to my driver side window knocking, condensation and all. Did not want to open the door and engage for any period of time at less than 6 feet.

Just had a homeless person knocking on my car window begging for toilet paper (surprisingly they had some at Menards so I bought a package). I probably would have given them a couple of rolls if they were asking while I was walking in the parking lot and before I put it in the trunk, but this person had their face right next to my driver side window knocking, condensation and all. Did not want to open the door and engage for any period of time at less than 6 feet.

https://www.boringcompany.com/not-a-flamethrower

I just watched a documentary on ZZ Top, then went to Wikipedia to read up on Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard. Turns out Billy Gibbons had a company called "BFG Brand Sauces" selling hot sauce. Can't find any online. Gonna have to dig hard to find some!

The poor person who runs out soap may be forced into isolation by all around them.

My wife is a little obsessed with stock pilling toilet paper. We will eventually use it.
I however, am waiting until I start my model railroad layout to stock pile TP.
It's used in a variety of ways for scenic in layouts. Water features and cover over window screen for land formations for a couple.
But until then, I keep laughing at the video I seen of a guy going through the drive up at McD's and pays with 1 square of TP.
The lady looks at him like that isn't going to do it, and he tears off 1 more square and hands it to her and throws the roll in the back of his car/truck.
Obsession...You either have it, or you don't. There is no middle ground.

Apparently the new thing to hoard is salt. Our neighbor went shopping and couldn’t find it in any of 5 grocery stores, and it was out of stock later that day at a fifth.

How about we start a rumor that Estes Rockets are almost all sold out? They would fly from the shelves and give our friends in Penrose a boost!
Not to mention Wuhan.

I still have not seen any local stock of Q-Jets, nor AT motors since the Hobby Lobby debacle.

At the grocery store, the only shortage that impacted me was a lack of potatoes. I just wanted 5 Lbs of regular potatoes. All I could find were three bags of red skin potatoes; not what I wanted. In this environment I was not going to visit every grocery store in town looking for potatoes. You cant hoard potatoes more that a month or so. Lettuce I have to buy weekly, so I'm about ready to try the grocery store again.

Not to mention Wuhan.

I still have not seen any local stock of Q-Jets, nor AT motors since the Hobby Lobby debacle.

At the grocery store, the only shortage that impacted me was a lack of potatoes. I just wanted 5 Lbs of regular potatoes. All I could find were three bags of red skin potatoes; not what I wanted. In this environment I was not going to visit every grocery store in town looking for potatoes. You cant hoard potatoes more that a month or so. Lettuce I have to buy weekly, so I'm about ready to try the grocery store again.

What was the hobby lobby debacle?

Aw cmon! Red potatoes are good!

I've been working my way through a bottle of this stuff for the last several years. Not really a hot sauce, more of an additive. At 800,000 Scoville units, it can be painful. I put two drops in a batch of pasta sauce and rendered it uneatable.

Sounds like it might make a good "paint stripper" . . . LOL !

Dave F.

Back