Arcie II

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Maelstrom
Shipping is $5. But I can usually hand deliver for $0 to NOVAAR sport launches at Great Meadow since I normally try to attend all of them.
Doh! I can't make it there next weekend, but maybe I can have someone pick one up to save the shipping. I'll PM you if I find anybody.

BTW, since you're an Edmonds distributor, do you know if he offers a replacement boost-pod kit? I lost mine in the deep, dark thickets of goldenrod behind the launch area at Saturday's NARHAMS launch (Double-"DOH!" that'll teach me for painting it yellow & black!)

Vince,

If it helps any, I could pick it up for you and you'd be welcome to get it from me at your leisure. Don't know where you'd be coming from, but my house is in Springfield and office is in Chantilly. Forecast for Saturday is looking kind of foul, though, so hard to tell if NOVAAR launch will happen on Saturday or not.

Thanks for the offer, illini, but I think a fellow narham-ster is going that way next weekend! So I'll hit him up for the favor.

Looks like with SCST next month, it'll be November before I can make another NOVAAR launch. Drat! I love your field.

I've been holding out hope for the weather but you're right, it doesnt look good :mad:

No word back yet from Rob on that boost pod..

Vince, If it helps I've got pattens for the pod parts at the house. copied them before putting the Beta kits together last Faburary;)
I seem to remember writing down all the dimensions as well. Let me know if they will be of help.

John-

That would be great! I believe the BT-50 was 18", and I have a nose cone. The only crucial part is the hook, I could probably wing it but a good tracing make the best job of it, especially where the thrust angle is concerned - I never checked to see if the booster was precisely parallel to the glider - it probably is, though.

I'm thinking about building a 2x18mm cluster boost pod, too. There are no D12-3's left at any of the stores I go to!

I saw an Arcie II fly at a ROC club launch a couple months ago. It's a cool little glider and it looks pretty easy to fly. I plan to get my hands on one soon.

Tower Hobbies has the perfect radio for anybody thinking about getting an Arcie-II:

https://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHBB3**&P=0

...it comes with Neon FM 3-channel transmitter, the Feather receiver, and two HS-55 servos.

Down side? You'll still need to buy the 50mAh nicad pack and charger for it separately. Tower sells the Hitec TX/RX charger but I don't see a 50mAh pack on their site anywhere.

The link for the charger is https://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXN748&P=ML

That radio setup is $72, the nicad charger is $13. Tower is usually pretty good about shipping costs, too.

I have 2 Arcie IIs left that are not spoken for at $27.99. Thanks for the link on the remote control hardware, I've been thinking about looking into it in case I want to build one of these myself..

Yup, the Tower setup is pretty good. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to a 50 mAh battery from Maxx (where I got mine).

Back