Arapahoe E

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,

Put me down for one too!

For some reason, I'm having trouble connecting to your e-mail:confused:.

Evil Ed

Update...

At present there are about 35 people who have reserved an Arapahoe E kit. As I said, I will take a look at the list at the end of the week and tally things up. I have already put in a quote request to one vendor for parts in anticipation for about 40-50 kits. I have enough decals for about 20 kits, which at this point maybe the first cutoff point. I'm guessing that by the end of next week, the Arapahoe kits will start flowing out the door. Again, if you would like updates on this or any other kit, you can follow the updates here or through Twitter. Simply search for "Thrustline" and join up.

Me too... email sent.

This is a kit that I purchased the first time around 3+ years ago but never made it out of the build pile (that pile numbered in the hundreds...:rolleyes:) I've actually got the parts together to clone this one, so I've got something to practice on before the "real" one shows up.

Me too... email sent.

This is a kit that I purchased the first time around 3+ years ago but never made it out of the build pile (that pile numbered in the hundreds...:rolleyes:) I've actually got the parts together to clone this one, so I've got something to practice on before the "real" one shows up.

The kit is pretty straight forward. The only challenge if any I think comes in when fitting the finished fins to the body. It takes a little patience to sand the root curve of the fin so that it match's the outline of the body tube and boat tail area but it can easily be done.
The nose cone has a plug that has to be fitted then the pilot hole has to be drilled (some folks don't) to accommodate the screw eye. For your anchor eyelet, use the smallest one in the kit or if cloning. It gives you a little more room to work with when fitting the tail section into the BT. The stock one fits fine, you just have to remember to turn it so that it's not in the way.

There seems to be a problem with the availability of one of the parts of the Arapahoe. The V2 style boat-tail section may no longer be available. I have some feelers out for possible availability elsewhere so keep your fingers crossed!:(

This not only affects the Arapahoe E, but the Thrustline V2 as well.

John,

Both Carl, Sheryl, & Bruce (Semroc) and Bill from BMS might be able to help you out on these.

John,

Both Carl, Sheryl, & Bruce (Semroc) and Bill from BMS might be able to help you out on these.

Wasn't BMS was the original source to begin with? It's listed as a stock item with BMS- part # BMSV2BT1, unless there was another source that I am not aware of.

Next stop, Semroc. ;)

Wasn't BMS was the original source to begin with? It's listed as a stock item with BMS- part # BMSV2BT1, unless there was another source that I am not aware of.

Next stop, Semroc. ;)
I think I may have mis-understood Bill. (In a recent email) I think the tail cone may be available...just not with any quantity discount. I'm placing an order tomorrow so we'll see what floats. I also have a e-mail in for Carl and Sheryl. ;)

BMS is where I got the nose cone/boat tail for my ArapaClone-E. I'm sure if you order a couple hundred they'll deal with ya! :D Woah! :eek: just checked the price on those bad boys, forget what I said before!

Carl, 1:07am? I know you love Semroc, but you need to get some sleep!

That's a deal. I couldn't find them before. Anyway I can get that shopping cart to except 30? And 30 V2 style BT60 nose cones?
I'm working on them. We don't keep 30 of any balsa part! Do you need the nose cones drilled for weight?

I'm working on them. We don't keep 30 of any balsa part! Do you need the nose cones drilled for weight?

The instructions on the Arapahoe are geared to installing a hardwood plug there. But if it's easier for you NOT to drill it, I can always right a quick addendum.

Carl,

I am going to purchase 1 of each (BMS60V2B and BMS60V2C) online and I can match them up here. Then we can go from there. BT16 isn't going to work. Has to be BT60.

John

Last edited:
I'm with roadkill.

I sent an e-mail to John, I really want one of these awesome rockets.

John are they coming? and did you put me down for one?

PLEASE!!!!

mark

Has anyone heard what the status of these kits is?

He's been pretty quite... Hope all is well.

- Alex

He was having trouble locating a tail cone for the kit. If he found a supplier he may need to wait for the tail cones to be made as suppliers do not always keep stuff like this in stock.

For suppliers its first come first server as it should be and I know this first hand. There are many times I had to wait a few weeks for parts. But it's all good.

John has always been good on his word so try not to worry.

What ever happened with this? I would really love to build one. Are the plans online somewhere?

Thanks.

What ever happened with this? I would really love to build one. Are the plans online somewhere?

Thanks.

With John recently putting Thrustline up for sale, I would imagine it might be a while before we'll see this as a kit.

I don't know of any plans online, but if you are a Rocksim user you can get the file from EMRR. The BT-60 Nose Cone and Tail Cone are available from both BMS and Roachwerks, and Roachwerks/Excelsior has the decals and fin templates as well, check out the other Arapahoe thread in the vendor section...

Ready.... GO! :D

Well, I have decals and fin patterns completed with a "slight" upgrade on the decals. (just some extra stripes to fill up the page).

I don't have the decals on my web site yet. They are $6 a set (half a sheet) plus $5 shipping.

I was looking forward to a kit, but it became obvious to me a while ago that this wasn't to be. I bought the nose and tail cones from BMS. Bill had them in stock when I saw him at NARAM 51. The fin patterns are available in the Rocksim file- which can be found at EMRR. I already have the main fins printed, scanned, and saved as a .pdf for anyone who might be RS challenged, just need to do the strakes.

Arapahoe E Rocksim File

Edit: Strakes scanned now and uploaded .pdf for the entire fin set.

View attachment Arapahoe fin patterns.pdf

Last edited:
Back